Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NO OS4 BEFORE END OF YEAR!!!  (Read 19022 times)

Description:

Offline Seehund

• Show all replies
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
Re: Simply wait and see WHEN OS4 will be released..
« on: January 27, 2003, 06:28:54 PM »
While this is a completely unsubstantiated rumour posted by an anonymous person, I have to say I got a good laugh from what you wrote, Helgis75. :)

That is completely WRONG! Its already finalised ready for release...

According to who? You? Sorry, no offence intended, but that's as reliable a source as this "Ben" character. Hyperion still says "when it's ready". I know that McEwen said something ambiguous about CeBIT in March in that infamous Extremetech.com interview, but almost everything else he said in that was only "true for very small values of true."

ONLY listen to Amiga Inc, Eyetech and Hyperion. NO ONE ELSE!!!

Make that "Hyperion, nobody else, including Helgis75, Seehund, PinkBunnyOfDeathAndDestruction, or whoever". ;)
The word is "When it's ready". Could just as well be next week as 2008.

by judging the latest OS4-feature list, they seem to be finished.

LOL! No, the expression "feature list" should tell you that it's a list of things that will be implemented in the OS. Not a release schedule.

Ben Herman said they were just closing in for release of the OS4...so i assume they must be finished..

I know that on the Yahoo AOS4 mailinglist, one of the Friedens (I'm sorry, I forgot who) said that OS4 was in betatesting, immediately followed with that it's not complete, which would mean that it can't be in betatesting (by any commonly used definition of that word). That was in late December IIRC. "Closing in for release" is about as precise as "when it's ready". The universe is "closing in" for its thermodynamic death as we speak, but nobody of us will ever experience it...

Anyway, can anyone confirm that this "Ben" is Ben Yoris (preferrably himself ;))? [EDIT: scratch that. It seems to have been confirmed as I was typing] Even if he's not directly involved in the development but follows it from the "close outside" so to speak, I'm sure he has at least an inkling of the progress.

Personally I'm trying to not keep any higher hopes than "when it's ready", and ignore all the vague hints. It's a good recipe to avoid disappointments.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......