Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Outsiders view of Amiga Community  (Read 3732 times)

Description:

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
    • http://www.qrz.com
Re: Outsiders view of Amiga Community
« on: June 11, 2003, 07:05:18 PM »
Dear Amigans,
I have been reading alot of stuff lately on the AmigaOS 4. Yes, some new OS called Pegasos or something has been coming up alot lately on Amiga.org. I dont know what that OS is all about, nor will I think its going to do any good because its new.  If people want an alternative OS for power, they will go to Linux.  Amiga is an awsome OS on the other hand.  Amiga has been out since the 85'.  Atari is just dead for computers.  Atari 2600 is god's gaming console and has many fasinating games on it.  I am still sticking around till OS4 comes out, then we can say what we want about it because it will be out. Thanks.

Your buddy,
Strongbad :-D
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
    • http://www.qrz.com
Re: Outsiders view of Amiga Community
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 08:35:48 PM »
Dear Mikeyamiga,
Why would you want to restart an OS once again?  Do you really think its going to dominate over Micro$oft?  Just stick to either PC, MAC, or Linux.  PC hardware costs much less. I wont want to be buying a $800 cpu form software hut for my Amiga 1200 that is a G2 at 233mhz. There is just no way I will ever do that. My brother is going to buy a 2.4gig Pentium 4 that will dominate with its DDR ram, while Amigas now are stuck with old SIM.  Yes, Amiga is a really great OS, but it would be the greatest of them all if it was ported over to x86.  And no, I dont want to hear flames back at me. Its the truth, is PC hardware much cheaper and better performing. Imagine having a ATI Radeon 9700 fully supported for AmigaOS and having ATI doing the drivers. That would be the day.

Your friend,
Strongbad.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D