Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Outsiders view of Amiga Community  (Read 3811 times)

Description:

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
Re: Outsiders view of Amiga Community
« on: June 11, 2003, 12:46:44 PM »
Yeah ha ha ha, lets find a forum post where someone slags of the A1 and post it as a forum topic ha ha ha ha. Its only a shame we couldn't post it as news ha ha ha.

Sure we KNOW the A1 is "expensive" but the as of the moment vapourware PegasosII ain't been released yet.

Given they are considering a similar idea as to what has happened with Amiga ( bringing something off the shelf out and making it look and feel Atari ) I think its more of an endorsement.

Frankly I don't think it really matters what an atari fan site thinks of the new AmigaONEs at the moment. What matters is getting AOS4 out on A1 and seeing what happens next.
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 12:57:29 PM »
I think you need to go look up what vapourware means.

"vapor and trying to defend an Amiga.inc camp innovation"

Oh terrible me for not having the same opinion as mips proc! Slap me right now!

Genesi has so far been able to deliver T-shirts, a buggy board that hasn't made it out of beta, a buggy OS that hasn't made it out of beta.

But this being a mips_proc thread, lets bring Amiga Inc right into this, it will give you something juicy to slag off.

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 01:17:18 PM »
Gary

Its a retaliation game, yes. Abso-bloody-lutely. I am hoping that if I reply in a similar vein to Mips he might get the point and quit with it right here and now. However given you only got half the point so far I hold out no hope for mips.

However Id like you to explain your second sentence with references please. My position does not change on this lot at all.

However there is some factual accuracy:

1. Bill Buck claimed that the April 1 fix did not fix everything and nor did April 2, thats in the FAQ. He also claimed that G4 wouldn't work with the Articia S even with the April fixes. It is by their own acknowledgement a BETATESTER. So that much is true. But then the A1XEs that people have are fine, really. Get the point yet?

2. MOS you agree with and its BETA. So that much is true. Are you saying there are no bugs in 1.4? Or are all bugs "missing features"?

So, no bad characterisation so far.. ..maybe I just said something you didn't like hmmm?

(edit)Oh and the animousity is towards this tendancy of finding some reason to start a "lets slag off the A1" thread and of course to mips for whom I have no respect whatsoever.

Regards

Dave.

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 01:40:23 PM »

Will AmigaONE be less fawlty if Pegasos is fawlty too? Will AmigaOS4 arrive sooner if MOS 1.4 has bugs?

I pretty much doubt that. P-O-I-N-T-L-E-S-S bickering.

Absolutely.

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 01:46:56 PM »
@Lando

Reread please. Then apologise.

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 06:21:48 PM »
@mdma

Then I owe you an apology, but how do you square your innocent motives with this:

A1 = Dead newborn baby?  [laughing icon]

??

@mips
You are beneath contempt. The PegasosII if it stops being vapourware will be the cheap alternative. It was even mentioned in the article.

@lando
Ive read again, and I still think you have lost it. However you have been looking for blood as far as I was concerned for a long time, maybe now you will feel less frustrated?  :-P

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 12:18:54 PM »
@mips

Glad you have joined the rational debate again:

thats his exact quote... I believe he was referring to both Peg and A1 as dead newborns and not just A1...however you chose to vent antisentiment at Peg2 calling it 'vapour' and whatnot... when it has no bearing on this whatsoever...you can call anything vapour...

Oh and maybe not. Maybe you need to read what I put again, I quote:

Sure we KNOW the A1 is "expensive" but the as of the moment vapourware PegasosII ain't been released yet.

Which means what it sayes on the tin. We KNOW the A1 is expensive but until the vapourware PegasosII gets released at a LOWER price point its all we got.

But of course, being mips looking for a fight, you decided to twist it in your own head into being anti-Genesi. This is what I find beneath contempt. You then have the cheek to start laying into me!

Just because you LIKE everything Genesi related and BELIEVE in their ability to deliver does not make Pegasos II anything less than vapourware at the moment or the release of projected prices as being anything other than marketing.

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 03:38:13 PM »
I just explained it for you mips. If you didn't have your anti-DaveP blinkers on when you read it you would see it. If I replaced the word "vapourware" with "unreleased"  and had the nickname Warface you wouldn't have batted an eyelid ;-)

Offline DaveP

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 04:12:53 PM »
Of course I know what his beef really is, but he had to throw in all that easiy contended extra BS ;-) :-P

If hed have said "Hey don't call it vapourware that is an overloaded phrase which I find offensive" Id have said "ok then".

However the price of the Peg2 I consider in the "too good to be true" container so I am more cynical about it coming into being at that exact price PLUS the main point was about how expensive the A1 was PLUS it had your laughing smiley around the most A1 critical point. Hence vapourware more likely to come from my lips ;-)

:-P  :-P