Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA Alive ?  (Read 41737 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Re: Commodore USA Alive ?
« Reply #74 from previous page: May 17, 2014, 05:04:04 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;732160
Looks like the site is now 404.

The link has returned.

Commodoreusa.net

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2014, 10:16:01 AM »
Quote from: number6;764582
The link has returned.

Commodoreusa.net

@number6

Having done a quick whois on the domain it is registered to a Sean Donohue. He is the director and lead engineer for a new company called My Retro Computer LTD here in the UK. There is also a Anne Heelan which shows up as a secetery for the company. Which is interesting as there is also a Heelan accountants on the exact same address (http://heelanassociates.co.uk/).

Whats intersting is this from the website:

Starting with the famous Commodore 64 & Vic 20 we aim to expand the range to include the Amiga, Atari and spectrum ranges. Whether you are a hardened 'Modder' or someone who just wants a complete system we can accommodate you.

Interesting indeed.

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/09028017-my-retro-computer-ltd#documents

If that read right they have £100 at start of company.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2014, 12:44:23 PM »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline James2002

• Show only replies by James2002
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2014, 10:52:02 PM »
Quote from: number6;764582
The link has returned.

Commodoreusa.net

Yeah it very odd. They over priced to much. I could build INTEl or AMD computer cheaper than them. I can build a 200.00 computer. It would be faster than their current offerings.

They made another link.
 http://www.myretrocomputer.com/

Offline persia

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2014, 02:52:20 AM »
So is this any relationship to Dogbert and his Mad Dog Linux?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline James2002

• Show only replies by James2002
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2014, 03:07:33 AM »
Quote from: persia;764606

I don't know for sure. I am just waiting and seeing.

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2014, 05:44:49 PM »
Quote from: persia;764606

Well he wasn't too flattering with his response to that.

First of all numb-nuts, its a %&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@! company from the UK.  It is owned  by Sean Donohue.  I obviously being from the US, North Carolina to be  exact, do not live in the UK.  Well these are the same people that claim  that "Amiga is the best OS in the world and that their 30 year old OS  beats Windows, Mac and Linux."  Also, the same group that thinks the  $5,000.00 USD, underpowered AmigaNG computers they buy is a  SUPERCOMPUTER.   With a crew that delusional do I really expect them to  master a MAP?  Of course not.

(http://techvues.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/commodoreusa-is-back.html)

I have been in contact with the guy running the site. He seems a genuine guy. I am waiting to hear if I can post the contents  of the mail. But basically he says he is not reviving Commodore USA or  Commodore for that matter. He is selling retro themed PC cases only.

Offline wrath of khan

• Show only replies by wrath of khan
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2014, 08:42:20 PM »
Quote from: CritAnime;764647

I have been in contact with the guy running the site. He seems a genuine guy. I am waiting to hear if I can post the contents  of the mail. But basically he says he is not reviving Commodore USA or  Commodore for that matter. He is selling retro themed PC cases only.

Right then! Sounds S.H.I.T!!:laughing:

Offline persia

« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2014, 01:16:59 AM »
Dogbert's a real sweatheart, isn't he?

Quote from: CritAnime;764647

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2014, 06:05:58 PM »
I have had permission to post the initial mail.

Hi James,

Let  me start by saying, we are not trying to sell ourselves as a phoenix flying from the ashes of Commodoreusa nor do we consider ourselves a  child of commodore Business machines/Commodore international. Commodore  is dead, it died in 1994.  

With  that out of the way, let me introduce Myretrocomputer.com, our aim is simple, to give people the chance to purchase a modern day pc in a retro  shell or to buy a retro shell and create a bespoke mod all of their  own. We want to sell our products to people of all ages. It’s early days  at the moment and we have many start up issues but rest assured when we are ready everyone will benefit including the  Amiga and Commodore communities.

All the Best

Sean
 Myretrocomputer.com

He admits he has been taken a little off guard in his latest mail. The  expiration of the Commodore USA domain forced him to make a temp site  and act a little sooner than he wanted.

Anyway the rest of the mails are private and I am respecting his wish not to post any more beyond this initial exchange.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2014, 06:58:33 PM »
Well, that's a million times more sensible than anything Barry ever said.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show only replies by Terminills
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2014, 12:00:05 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;764692
I have had permission to post the initial mail.

He admits he has been taken a little off guard in his latest mail. The  expiration of the Commodore USA domain forced him to make a temp site  and act a little sooner than he wanted.

Anyway the rest of the mails are private and I am respecting his wish not to post any more beyond this initial exchange.

Domain Name: COMMODOREUSA.NET
Registry Domain ID: 1589193893_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2014-04-28 20:42:45
Creation Date: 2010-03-17 18:19:06
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-03-17 18:19:06
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Signs point towards transfer not expiration btw.
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed

Offline CritAnime

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2014, 01:08:37 AM »
Quote from: Terminills;764709
Domain Name: COMMODOREUSA.NET
Registry Domain ID: 1589193893_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2014-04-28 20:42:45
Creation Date: 2010-03-17 18:19:06
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-03-17 18:19:06
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Signs point towards transfer not expiration btw.

Who knows. Hell he might have bought it off Barry's family or got it through Go Daddys auction system.

On the day after your domain name registration's expiration date, we attempt to bill you for the domain name renewal. If we cannot renew the domain name (for example, your card on file expired), we notify you of the domain name registration's expiration and park your domain name. You can manually renew your domain name.

On the 5th and 12th days after expiration, we email you additional notifications. You can manually renew your domain name.

On the 19th day after expiration, your domain name remains on hold but becomes subject to a redemption fee. You can call customer support to renew your domain name, subject to any applicable renewal and redemption fees.

On the 25th day after expiration, we put your domain name up for auction with a domain name industry auction service. You can manually renew your domain name, subject to any applicable renewal and redemption fees.

On the 42nd day after expiration, we cancel your domain name. We delete all services associated with the domain name

In any case. Some guy bought commodoreusa.net and plans to sell the c64x case. I only reached out to find out what was happening. Seems a alright guy. He hasen't called me vile things through a mail for asking a simple question, something Barry did after I pointed out a issue with COS, and he seems open about what he is doing, something Barry again had issues with.

I hope he does better with it. If the prices are right I might buy one. After all I am not going to get stiffed with import taxes with living in the UK.

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show only replies by Terminills
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2014, 01:29:57 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;764711
Who knows. Hell he might have bought it off Barry's family or got it through Go Daddys auction system.

In any case. Some guy bought commodoreusa.net and plans to sell the c64x case. I only reached out to find out what was happening. Seems a alright guy. He hasen't called me vile things through a mail for asking a simple question, something Barry did after I pointed out a issue with COS, and he seems open about what he is doing, something Barry again had issues with.

Never had this issue personally.   I can't say I agreed with what he was doing however I never had any issues with him personally.

I hope he does better with it. If the prices are right I might buy one. After all I am not going to get stiffed with import taxes with living in the UK.

On the 42nd day after expiration, we cancel your domain name. We delete all services associated with the domain name

This was my point if the domain had expired and they deleted all services associated with it, it would have had an updated expiration date not one that lines up with creation date.
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2014, 02:15:42 AM »
Quote from: Terminills;764714
Never had this issue personally.   I can't say I agreed with what he was doing however I never had any issues with him personally.
He basically called me worthless as a person for not thinking that his direction was a good one. And lest we forget:
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline persia

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2014, 03:56:08 AM »
I've bought domains off GODaddy auctions before, they always look like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]