Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jens Schönfeld  (Read 14398 times)

Description:

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
Re: Jens Schönfeld
« Reply #29 from previous page: September 09, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »
Thanks for the update Jens and enjoy your holiday.  

Why is it I can just picture you backpacking in a remote, uninhabited area of the Nevada desert where you come across a strange, geeky looking guy in an Amiga t-shirt who says "Hi, when is the Clone A due?".  ;-)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 06:00:36 PM »

Schoenfeld wrote:

The release of Indivision AGA gives a hint at the video-output-unit of Clone-A, with Clone-A requiring more features than Indivision AGA offers.

That brings a smile to my face!  :-o  Let me be the first to thank you for all your hard work.

Have a great, much-needed vacation, Jens.

-M
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Damion

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »

Schoenfeld wrote:

This year I'll tour the Nevada desert with a friend (who BTW also has an Amiga history - he wrote the multidisk.device for the Amiga-Catweasel), visit a few national parks, then head over to California to visit my friend Chris Hülsbeck and on the last weekend we're in Sacramento for the Amiwest show.

If you're visiting southern Nevada, may I suggest a visit to Rhyolite ghost town... just a few miles outside of Beatty, north of Vegas. Amazing place to spend a few hours.

Another link with more pics:

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/nv/rhyolite.html

Offline mike-

• Show only replies by mike-
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 06:37:46 PM »
Mr. Schönfeld

Looking at the specs of the indivision, it has 16 megs of vram(?) and has a throughput of 300+ mbp's  does this mean its not "just" a doubler and more like a strap-on gfx card to either assist or take over video processing?

Cheers
C= Amiga Addict & Dendrophiliac
(Oo)
⎛☮ໄ
ﮑὠՀ

Offline TorajaBoy

• Show only replies by TorajaBoy
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 06:42:47 PM »
Hi Jens,

Thanks for this update and for all your devotion for the Amiga and C64 community!

I'm sure that you will enjoy your holiday and I hope that you will have great time with Chris Hülsbeck and Olivier.

Is this Oliver Kastl the great author of Clone CD and Clone DVD.The man behind IDE-Fix?

I will enjoy soon my Indivision 1200 AGA SD/FF and if Santa will be able to bring me an A-Clone under my Christmast tree that will be awesome!

But I think I made a good choice to wait about A-Clone instead rush for MiniMig (but the MiniMig is a good prodject and it get updated regulary too).

But I think that it's definetly more interesting to implement a complete A500 into an highend FPGA Logic unit because the market exist and it's much large and profitable than our geek gadget community...  

That's why the NATAMI project have the same goal...  

And the C64 DCTV, is a vey good example and it let the door open for custom hack like add an external keyboard, two joystick and two floppy drive...

But it's a really harder challenge to convert a full A500 system into an FPGA than its older brother C64.

Have great Fun

Offline Schoenfeld

• Show only replies by Schoenfeld
    • http://icomp.de
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 07:23:01 PM »
TorajaBoy:

Oliver Kastl has left the Amiga for good. The man on Clone-A is Oliver Achten, who also made MMC64, large parts of MMC Replay and the logic design of Indivision AGA.

Santa might bring you Clone-A, but not this year. And it's not an A500. We only demonstrated parts of Clone-A on an A500 board. Forget anything you might expect. It will be replaced by completely new ideas.

Mike-:

Indivision AGA is not a doubler, but it can be downgraded to a doubler. I only chose the large frame buffer because smaller SD-Ram chips are hard to come by. Lots of the memory is idle and will never be used. Indivision AGA is not designed to replace a gfx card. However, the HighGFX support might give you a nice-enough workbench to forget about a gfx card for a while.

-D-:

Thanks for the ghost town link!

Jens

Offline trekiej

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 07:31:09 PM »
Thanks Jens.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 07:26:03 PM »

Methuselas wrote:

Schoenfeld wrote:

The release of Indivision AGA gives a hint at the video-output-unit of Clone-A, with Clone-A requiring more features than Indivision AGA offers.

That brings a smile to my face!  :-o  Let me be the first to thank you for all your hard work.

Have a great, much-needed vacation, Jens.

-M

So, if its not an A500, and it requires more features than Indivision AGA offers.... It means that *AT LEAST*, it replicates the AGA chipset - er, what do you guys think? Must be at least an A4000  :-D

Offline Krusher

• Show only replies by Krusher
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 07:49:53 PM »

Everblue wrote:
... er, what do you guys think? Must be at least an A4000  :-D

Triple A+ chipset and some, with full compatibility with all models?  :-D
Exciting days people  :-o

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 08:21:36 PM »

Krusher wrote:

Triple A+ chipset and some, with full compatibility with all models?  :-D
Exciting days people  :-o

Heh. I'm expecting warp coils, transporter rigs, anti-matter accelerators and a neural interface!

Jens, when are you going to make me a Cranial Deck Implant!  :crazy:

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline Krusher

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 08:30:43 PM »

Methuselas wrote:
Heh. I'm expecting warp coils, transporter rigs, anti-matter accelerators and a neural interface!

Heh, with that Large Hadrol Collidor running now, anything is possible, even shrinking the Earth to about an inch, because of black holes :-D  :-D  :lol:

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »

Krusher wrote:

Heh, with that Large Hadrol Collidor running now, anything is possible, even shrinking the Earth to about an inch, because of black holes :-D  :-D  :lol:

Oh, I know! That's one place in the world I would absolutely *LOVE* to go.  I read an article about it and they were saying that it's the largest particle accelerator in the world. Supposedly, you can see collisions between particles, but it's so fast, you have to see it on stop-motion cameras.

We, as a civilization, really need to move to a better and cleaner form of power. I can't believe that America is still reliant on coal on a massive scale.

Pathetic.  :-?

Offline Krusher

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2008, 09:46:30 PM »

Methuselas wrote:
... I read an article about it and they were saying that it's the largest particle accelerator in the world. ...

Just an article? It was all around the news (tv and papers) Oh well, I guess you guys are more into the elections these days (Go Obama!) and 11/9. A lot of movies and documentaries here.

It is the largest one in the world, it took 'bout 27 years to build and it got some controversy along the way, supposedly it could build a black hole large enough to shrink the Earth (yeah right, they even't started the collisions, and they are -near- light speed, not even AT light speed. And then the mass they inject is stupid tiny to even sustain any black hole.

I'd rather bet on a new Amiga then this project swallowing up Earth  :lol:

Offline Methuselas

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »
I have zero interest in American politics as of now....Besides, I moved to a new district and missed my window to declare myself and get a new registration card. I could claim out-of-district, but I have no love really, for either candidate. We're in a better position with Obama, naturally and I think it's time that we had a black president instead of a "southern gentleman".

I saw a documentary on Discovery Channel about it and then read an article on it. The thing that tripped me out about it, is where it was built.  :-o I don't know if I'd want that thing in my backyard! I don't remember correctly, but isn't that thing 50Km in diameter or something?

@Jens,

Sorry to hijack your thread, but this is a particle accelerator, we're talking about here. You're still just as cool.  :-D

Offline Jupp3

• Show only replies by Jupp3
    • http://jupp3.amigafin.org
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2008, 02:46:13 PM »
Jupp3 wrote:

Earlier I had bought Deathbed Vigil NTSC DVD. Back then I had only PS2 which refused to play it, which I assumed to be becouse it was a DVD-r disc (as PS2 has problems with low quality pressed discs aswell)

Anyway, few years later I bought a proper DVD player, and it still refused to play. Not long after I also bought a DVD drive, and it refused to read on that aswell. Anyway, contacted Jens again, as the original is "only DVD-r", I thought maybe I could get a replacement copy for postage or something. Anyway, he promised to give me a lousy 10e discount of new PAL version

This will tell you why:

Hmm, I didn't know it had region coding? It's pretty stupid idea anyway, especially for really small product runs.

...Which Deathbed Vigil definitely is, compared to major blockbusters. And it was first available only as NTSC anyway, so no use restricting it to "US watchers and people with region free players only" - which is "mostly everyone" anyway :-)

Being PAL or NTSC doesn't have ANYTHING to do with optional regional coding that DVD discs can have.

Also, there are NTSC releases both as R1 and R2, and I guess PAL discs are also released with seweral different regional codings.

To be honest, if it was region coded, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it (or on second thought I might have, as with Playstation 2, I have to boot !=R2 discs with RegionX. )

But as I said, the disc didn't work, instead of getting "Wrong region" (aka "use better player") requester, that you can still get on some rare DVD players (most are region free nowadays)