Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CGI:IRC and WAP  (Read 1159 times)

Description:

Offline odinTopic starter

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
CGI:IRC and WAP
« on: May 30, 2004, 11:56:23 PM »
I was messing around with WAP when I was on my way home in the train today and I though: 'Hmmm, wouldn't it be cool if there was some way to be able to IRC from my GSM?'.

Naturally I thought of the CGI:IRC interface featured on your lefthand side. However my HTML skills are nearly non-existant. Are there any people here who know if such a thing is possible? A WAP version of CGI:IRC?

-Edit-
Java might be an option but I don't have a Java phone ;-).

Offline gizz72

• Show only replies by gizz72
Re: CGI:IRC and WAP
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 06:26:35 AM »
@odin
Such a thing IS possible provided that your celcomm provider would avail you such service on a WAP enabled cel.
You could further look at THIS  site if you're interested. I tried WAPJAG a year ago and was able to access my yahoo mail from it. It's a WAP emulator for the PC. It's free(for now). Chat is possible since WAP cels are *.WML enabled. It's no different from .html. The structure AFAIK are the same, only no GIF's JPG and other graphics. Because some Cell models might not support it. The above site would give you an idea. Hope this help.

hmm most of the links download are gone. Time flies when your're having fun. Better try 'WINWAP3p.exe' it's the only one I found downloadable but it's not free. you'd need serial #. Try to check the 'already registered' check box. Good luck.

Good day to all Amigans! :-D

Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF

Offline sir_inferno

• Show only replies by sir_inferno
Re: CGI:IRC and WAP
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 10:36:42 AM »
i guess it's possible.

i've looked at the cgiirc source code, wouldn't be too hard to squeeze it all in....

but wouldn't the window be REALLY hard to read because it was small, or the text would be readable but you'd have to scroll up every couple of seconds.

and how about entering messages? unless you're hyper quick at typing on a fone you ain't gonna speak at the height of the conversation?   :-)