Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is this the Amiga ??  (Read 3158 times)

Description:

Offline sim085

• Show only replies by sim085
Re: Is this the Amiga ??
« Reply #29 from previous page: August 07, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »
Reading the first post made me reflect a little. I feel the same as the original poster - "the amiga I have infront of me today does not give me the same emotions it used to give me when I was 10 up to 15!". However I do not think Amiga is to blame, rather it is the fact that we have grown up - at least some of us.

Yesterday I spent an hour playing an old game I used to play for hours and hours - I was going to get crazy because it was taking so long to load after each turn.

However the fact is not that the A500+ is taking long, but rather the fact that I got accustomed to the fast processing power of the new PC.

I would really like to have those emotions back ... however time (so far) only has one direction and we can not do anything to go the other way round - if anyone knows how to do this, please do let me know ;) :P

Regards,
Sim085

Offline Homer

• Show only replies by Homer
    • http://www.graingerweb.net
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 01:51:44 AM »
Even if you somehow got it to happen, it would still be a steam train in a diesel train world.        
Yes, and due to the present preoccupation with electrifying the UK networks, it will soon be in an electric train only world :lol:

At least some of the train controllers have a 68k cpu :afro:

Now, what was this thread about again? Was it "My Amiga's old and I don't like it anymore ?" It may be time to sit down, relax,  and have a pint  :drink:Oh, and come back here, because its a good place to be :razz:
Let X = X
{(c) Laurie Anderson}

Offline Managarm

• Show only replies by Managarm
    • http://www.freewebs.com/robinslair
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 02:58:45 AM »
We've all got annoyed with our machines. I remember installing Class Act years ago and for some reason it trashed my A1200. As I was trying to fix it even the click of the disk drive annoyed me.

The Amiga is no longer the cutting edge, but so what! It's nice to be able to do the things modern PCs can do such as web browsing, MP3 playing and the like on a 16 year old OS (I use Workbench 3.1)

It's great using WHDLoad to play games and the 10 second reboot time rules! Amigas are/were cool so why not just enjoy?!?

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 03:50:43 AM »
Quote from: 0amigan0;518261
...They will see a bunch of fanatics who fight for whom will be more Amiga-ish than the other, without a decent web browser...This is my last post in an amiga forum (no, I won't be back)!

why such anger? Amiga today has an updated OS in 4.1 and actually has a few hardware options in the Sam boards too!! Morph, Aros..whatever the variant they still stem from AmigaOS & hopefully all these variants will help the overall Amiga OS in years to come...have fun & play with your Amiga (from a 1000 to a Sam/Morph etc....it still will make you smile) :-)
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel: