Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why don't more Amiga sites use Google ads?  (Read 6552 times)

Description:

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: Why don't more Amiga sites use Google ads?
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2005, 08:41:25 PM »
:-?

-edit-

What, are you claiming responsibility or something?
int p; // A

Offline Gelb

• Show only replies by Gelb
    • http://amigazeux.net
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2005, 09:05:26 PM »
You are clearly the delusional one. Not only do I know none of us did this, I doubt anyone of us would have enough knowledge on how to spoof IP's (if that's possible after all) and then even put up enough energy to make you lose your google ads for your side.

Please reactivate your radar and look out for another person or group you can blame for this. Maybe it was you at all and can't admit it?

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2005, 09:07:38 PM »
Hi Gelb,

Actually Wayne's avatar is "Buddy Jesus" from the movie Dogma, and is more of a strike against the status quo.  

I think Itix is probably more correct than most of us think about the "majority."  There are a lot of spiteful people out there who will use every opportunity given to cause havoc.  Those people are likely not your average Amiga.org user, but quite possibly "amiga / morphos haters".

Regards,
Targhan

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2005, 09:41:34 PM »
Hi Dave,

Actually it's "Buddy Christ" from the great movie Karma, and my use of it is simply a statement of support for that particular movie.  It's very straight forward in it's laughing at Californian political correctness and in particular, the more silly aspects of the Catholic church.

I went to a Halloween party in a home-made Buddy Christ costume once and only about 50% of the people got it.

Wayne

Offline Targhan

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2005, 10:05:51 PM »
I could have sworn I saw that Buddy Christ (jesus?) statue in Dogma as well ;-)  Then again, they play that movie on TV here so much that I hardly pay attention to it when it's on anymore :lol:

Regards,
Targhan

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2005, 10:23:34 PM »

Targhan wrote:
I could have sworn I saw that Buddy Christ (jesus?) statue in Dogma as well ;-)  Then again, they play that movie on TV here so much that I hardly pay attention to it when it's on anymore :lol:

Yep, Buddy Christ is in Dogma, I have seen him there too. Perhaps it's a cameo role :-D
int p; // A

Offline Gelb

• Show only replies by Gelb
    • http://amigazeux.net
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2005, 10:26:12 PM »
Ok, to clarify this matter, some facts. I'm aware Wayne will simply try to twist it against us, but apparently these clarifications are needed.

Fact 1) No member of #amigazeux has attacked, abused, or otherwise misused this site or any other (avatar advertising not included. Yes, that was sarcasm again).
Fact 2) IP spoofing is nigh on impossible. Even simple TCP/IP transactions are two-way, making this kind of attack theoretically impossible.
Fact 3) Recently to one of our members Wayne has slandered, accused of bribery, persecuted, blamed for hacking this site, banned, and personally insulted in public forums. Wayne has never produced evidence for any of these claims or proper justification for these actions.
Fact 4) Despite not posting ANY evidence, Wayne has overtly accused #amigazeux (or at least one of its members) of attacking his site.

Read these facts, and decide for yourself who's delusional.

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2005, 10:35:14 PM »

Karlos wrote:

Targhan wrote:

Yep, Buddy Christ is in Dogma, I have seen him there too. Perhaps it's a cameo role :-D

I didn't see Karma, and never noticed him in Dogma, I thought it was a Conan O'Brian thing.
this space for rent

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2005, 10:37:29 PM »
One could wonder what the message behind your avatar is?

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2005, 10:53:21 PM »

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2005, 10:54:53 PM »
You really need a life.  This thread is about google ads, not your little badly-named MorphOS clique.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2005, 10:58:23 PM »

Targhan wrote:

Also, Cardinal Glick's "Catholicism WOW!" poster (background of Wayne's Avatar) is in there too: here

-edit-

Damn, off topic again :lol:
int p; // A

Offline Targhan

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2005, 11:05:24 PM »

Wayne wrote:
You are so correct.  Dogma.  Dunno where Karma came from.  Just multitasking I suppose.

Wayne

Well, it could have something to do with Jay and Silent Bob, as they appear as themselves in several movies, and this could be applied to BuddyChrist as well.

okay, onto the topic...  I know and am friendly with both sides of the #AZ and A.org thing.  The whole shabang doesn't 'seem' right to me.  Something, somewhere, is missing.  A piece of the puzzle, if you will.  I know the member of AZ who would likely be accused of such, and he couldn't hack his way into a can of tuna, let alone a server.  I have some ideas, but I think it would be best if I contacted Wayne privately--since I consider this to be sensative.

In the end, I suspect a big mis-understanding that blew up a halfway decent association, if not a friendship, between a couple of parties.  I don't think anyone in AZ would do something to AO (other than just not show up anymore if they were really angry), just like I don't think Wayne would purposely do something to them.
Regards,
Targhan

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2005, 11:39:23 PM »
...*sigh*...

Yet another pathetic chapter in a long history of pubescent behaviour in Amigaland :-\.

Offline boris_f

• Show only replies by boris_f
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2005, 12:10:41 AM »
Phew, finally. Signing up for this site seemed to take a lot of trouble. :-)

Hi Wayne, what's your problem here?

> You really need a life. This thread is about google ads...[snip]

Yes, it is. So why do you need to troll? Being a webmaster doesn't make you above a common or garden troll. I'm referring to:

> You're spamming Amiga.org right now advertising for #amigazeux so I don't quite get it. What you're getting is -- in fact -- free advertising for your Pegasos/MorphOS support channel (which mysteriously has "Amiga" in the title for some illogical reason since you guys are so vehemently "anti Amiga").

And:

> There are only a few delusional members of a small clique bound and determined to destroy anything related to the Amiga, this site, and me in particular.

Which I assume you mean:

> You really need a life. This thread is about google ads, not your little badly-named MorphOS clique.

Being insulting to a group who have never done you any harm isn't helping you. It's just purile trolling. Try to be a bit more mature, please.

And by the way - AmigaZeux existed long before Amiga Inc. took the name, so they're not so badly named after all. Some things you've just got to live with. You didn't rename this site when they did either, did you?

Edit: they're actually called AmigaZeux because they make games and stuff for the Amiga. MorphOS too, but also Amiga.
They oughtta make registrations easier.

Offline boris_f

• Show only replies by boris_f
« Reply #44 from previous page: May 31, 2005, 12:37:33 AM »
(Before I get accused of being a one hit troll, I had a login here years ago and I've been trying to get in all night to give Wayne a suggestion, but for whatever reason I couldnt log on and kept getting blank screens.)

Hi Wayne, google arent monsters. Mail them, tell them what happened, give them whatever evidence you can. Theyll restore that google advert thing in no time. If they dont then there not worth doing business with.

Its sad that theres idiots around that do this kind of stuff, but playing the blame game only makes things worse. I can see your angry, but attacking ppl like that and then dismissing them as off topic when they answer you is really poor. Its just not nice.
They oughtta make registrations easier.