Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: apple great desing  (Read 10777 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: apple great desing
« on: September 15, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »
First of all i am going to state i am anti Apple and pro Samsung. In fact seeing my Blackberry is about to giveup on me i am thinking about getting the new Galaxy s3 next week. Maybe.

But i am going to defend Apple in that Samsung did copy Apple and are right to take action against them. The green phone icon through to the pinching for zoom in/out is out right theft. Samsung deserve to be sued. They should be innovative and do something original.

Pyromania is a poo poo face.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 11:38:22 PM »
Quote from: gertsy;708218
I like eggs. Even the famous iPod was an idea nick:
1.  LCD Display MP3 Player
2.  Circular Jog Shuttle controls.
Diamond Rio 1998. Granted not very elegant.

I actually have one of these. I bought one when i was 15 i believe. They came with 32MB and upgradable to 64MB for about an extra $250. Dodgy software though.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 04:01:03 AM »
I don't deny that Apple borrow ideas from other companies but it is important to note that the definition of innovaton means value must be added to existing resources already available in the economy. Sure, mp3 players have been around for while but what made the ipod different was that it had increased in value at the end of the transformation phase. In other words, it made a profit which other mp3 players before it failed to do.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 06:56:32 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;708292
You sound like one of my economics professors, Kesa.

Can you tell me exactly what makes the iPod stand out above all other mp3 players? I've never owned one and can't really see any unusual features except for iTunes.

In which case, its the marketing model, not the device that has added value (uh, I went to school too).

HAHA! I actually majored in economics at uni. So i have all the concepts still running around in my head.

I too have never used an ipod because i always thought they were over priced compared to everything else. Besides i already had one. The ipod is no different to any other mp3 player but what made it different was the way you uploaded files onto it. My Rio Diamond pmp300 came with software that turned out to be only a trial to see if you like it. They actually expected you to spend money on something you already owned just so you can use it proper! The software was crap anyway. Wankers...

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 09:06:55 AM »
Quote from: Duce;708308

Was always curious what would have happened if Jobs had got his way and had kept iTunes Mac only for longer than it was.

Why would he want that?

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:42:21 AM »
Quote from: pwermonger;708430
The green phone icon came from the buttons on pretty much all cell phones well before apple's iPhone. They either had a green button with white phone handset image, or colored the same as the other phone butons with green phone handset image. But, always green. Just as the button to hang up on all cell pones is red.

The thing i don't understand is how Apple can put a patent on something that is a natural assumption. For example, red is accepted by everyone as meaning danger or at least something that should be taken more seriously, vice versa green is accepted as something positive by everyone. These are what i would call natural assumptions. I notice that traffic lights are the same colours all over the world. The same goes for features on the iphone, the green phone button and red hangup are both natural assumptions. How can you put a patent on that? It's like someone putting a patent on the order of the colours on traffic lights!

Also the same goes for the zooming by pinching. The pinching is something that anyone would automatically do to zoom in and out. It is a natural assumption. I don't get it.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 08:09:46 AM »
Sorry to break it to you guys but i am seriously comtemplating buying an iphone5 next week when they come out. My reasons are:

1 - I need a new phone. My Blackberry is about shot. It is 2G internet only (useless for internet), crap reception, broken buttons, cracked screen, annoying design flaws, Etc.

2 - I have decided on either a Samsung Galaxy s3 or an iphone5. Tough one. But i think i am leaning over to the iphone. Here's why:

I'm sick of everybody dissing Apple for everything. Today i watched on Youtube comparisons between the Galaxy 3 and the iphone 4s and then read the comments below. It's all filled with hate comments against Apple. I can't decide who is worse, the Apple fanbhoys or the haters? I think at the moment there are definitely more haters than lovers of Apple. If you ask me it's getting a little tiresome. Mention Apple then the haters come flying in from all directions with abuse at the mere mention of Apple. I dislike Apple as much as any hater but and i am going to get the iphone just to annoy the haters. They are starting to get on my nerves  :rant:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »
Quote from: hbarcellos;708535

This also applies to the haters of Apple. Mention Apple or iphone, whatever, and the haters come running in abusing anything that can be associated with Crapple. My question is who is worse? Apple zealots, or the Apple haters?

:rant:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 03:18:21 AM »
What's SysAdmin?

Pyromania? Bot? :confused:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 06:36:40 AM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;708762

Steve Jobs has no place in that arc of brilliance.  He was a whining salesman with a sadistic, hateful streak a mile wide who wouldn't cross the road to piss on his own mother if she were on fire.

That's an objective opinion alright. You can't make a statement like that without backing it up. Care to fill us all in why you hate Steve Jobs/Apple so much? Tell us your life story...

;)

People who hate Apple so much without any reason are starting to annoy me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 08:32:54 AM »
Four P's? What's that? Is it the 7 P's for the marketing mix? :confused:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 11:18:57 PM »
Can you be any more greedy? Why pay 30 pounds for a cable when you could get the same thing thing for 3.5 pounds?

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/21/authentication_chips_discovered_in_teardown_of_apples_new_lightning_connector