Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How is begun your adventure with Amiga?  (Read 3273 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: How is begun your adventure with Amiga?
« on: April 10, 2003, 09:35:36 PM »
My first contact with any kind of computers was with the Vic 20. I got one for christmas way back in  time. I moved on to the C64 where I really was hooked. "Everyone" had C64's back then and there were this great community feeling. During that time I started to read the (now since long dead) Swedish computer magazine Datormagazin (DMz :-)),  wich targeted commodore computer users with a rather laid back and hobby kind of approach. Creativity and fun was more important than anything else, as the opposite to many of todays "professional" magazines on full color glossy paper wich mostly contains boring reviews.

Anyway, it was in that magazine I first spotted the Amiga. A year or so later I made the first live encounter with an Amiga 500. It belonged to a friend of mine. If it hadn't been so darn expensive I would have bought one the same day. But I had to way for a much longer time before I got ahold of my first Amiga. I still have an A1200, but it's not really 100% functional so lives in a closet now :-(.

BTW, any Swedes remembering the DMz? I know you do!  :-) That was an institution back then, and now it's a legend!
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)