Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mai Excited about Validation!  (Read 7112 times)

Description:

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
Re: Mai Excited about Validation!
« on: February 25, 2003, 01:33:53 AM »
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Not news at all.... It's a personal rant.  Boy you morphos guys are all wound up.... chill out and have a drink.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 02:16:52 AM »
I see some of you missed the point. It's not that Mai is horrible, nor is it a statement directed to the A1. If I had been working for Mai, under the circumstances they are working, I would have done the same thing. What I'm bashing is the industry in general, and it just so happened that Mai picked the perfect time to make an example out of themselves. Also, IBM is as much to blame as Mai is, because they are the ones who made this silly "verification" system.

Funny, that I haven't seen you get this wound up and determined to expose Genesi's marketing hype.  They post pages long hype all the time as news, and I don't see you setting out to "debunk" Bill Buck.  But maybe it's time someone did.

So now that you've exposed that the whole computer industry is full of bullshitters and liars,  what's next?  I'll say it again.  It is rant, not a "news" article.  You came across so extremely sarcastic and prejudice with a tone of almost shouting at points.  And you call it news?  Let's see.  I'm thinking of a news article I could do....wonder if they will post it..... I bet not....
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 02:42:48 AM »
This article was probalby born out of some recent A1 vs. Pegasos, Gensi slamming MAI discussion where people were actually saying that MAI northbridges were IBM certified.

Oh I know exactly where it came from.  And I wasn't slamming Pegasos or Genesi, but stating the obvious to those who were bashing MAI and making accusations about the Articia being so buggy that they were having to redesign the Pegasos using another chip.   I was the one that Downix told he didn't ever want to hear about their certification again.

A certification is just as valid as running around posting a "news" article every few days about a "new exciting prospect that we are about to get, and you will soon see".  In fact, I put more clout in a certification than all the fluff that BBRV spews out here on a regular basis.  

They had no more arguments about how bad the Articia was, so they set out to "debunk" the certifications.  I could care less.  The certifications still stand.  You read it ever how you want it.  They are there and VALID.

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 02:55:15 AM »
No they don't, They never or rarely post anything as news.

LOL!!! I don't know what world you are living in, just look at the last 10 news items.  Browse back a bit and you'll see more.  And you want to talk about hype with marketing.  Just look at how Genesi are going on and on about things like "The Phoenix partnership" and such, to make it look like that they are much more important than they are.  But nobody takes offense to that and writes a whole 5 page rant about it.  I was trying to keep an open mind about the whole Pegasos and Morphos idea, because it was looking pretty good.  But these last two days have made me realise why it was that I was waiting on OS4 and AmigaOne to begin with.

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 02:57:54 AM »
You mean the same way you saw the future of gfx

And what kind of future have you seen Zacman.  The Parhelia is still a very nice card, even if it's not the top FPS for gamers.

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 12:46:04 PM »
@Herewegoagain

First of all.. chill out, you are way over reacting to this!  

Huh???  Don't tell me what to do.  I'm not over reacting to anything.  I'm stating my thoughts and views on this whole "circus like news".  Just like everyone else is doing.  To be honest, even the title of this thread sounds like it came directly out of Bill Bucks mouth.  (How many emails did you get from BB contributing to this "article", Targhan?  Did he also promise you a new Pegasos II to write it? :-)  )  

And I never said anything about a news story on Morphzone.  But if I did the working title may be something like "Genesi is SO proud of it's Partners!".    I've never been there and have no intention of going.   Anyway, it's fun to think of what would go into that pretend article.

By the way, Targhan ran his article past me and I see nothing wrong with it. I see news articles like this on television all the time.

Where? On tabloid TV??  No respectable network would touch that article the way it is written.  Maybe the Maury Povich show or Jerry Springer.

It was written with clear prejudice against Mai Logic, from a supporter of Genesi.  There is an agenda by Targhan  going into this whole "article".  I wonder why he didn't spend that much effort putting together something useful that we all would like to see like those infamous Genesi benchmarks.  Or digging in deep to reveal the REAL reason that Genesi are HAVING to redesign the Pegasos.   Or exactly "What does it mean to be backed by The Phoenix Consortium?"  as Bill Buck made much to do over this as well (although I guess it's clear now why he had that $299 "fire sale" on the Pegasos :-P ).  Or how about "Do we REALLY need another STB?".  

Yet he takes something like IBM's validation process to try and tear at the throat of Mai Logic.  Bill buck trains his minions well.  But in the end did he really discredit anyone?  I think not.  The "article" had all the smell of Bill Bucks backing.  Even sounded as though it was worded by BB himself, and as such had the same negative effect to me.  

:-D end of rant :-D