Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The absolute worst commercial game for Amiga?  (Read 7881 times)

Description:

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: The absolute worst commercial game for Amiga?
« on: November 23, 2011, 02:01:54 AM »
U.S. Gold did make really crappy ports, though they did publish Another World in the US.  And Another World is one of the furthest from worst game I can think of.

Worst game I can actually think of (not on the Amiga though) would have to be Top Gun on the Atari 8-bit.

Youbasically flew around and shot planes.  But the kicker was,  you would never run out of ammo, and you would run out of fuel, but there was no way to refuel.  So basically, shoot shoot shoot, pow, you hit a plane!  Oops, you just crashed 'cause you ran out of fuel and died.  Game over.

Worse game ever!  Maybe we should start a new thread with the worse ending in a game.  My vote (well unfortunately not on the Amiga again) would be Shinobi on the Sega Master System.  After beating the game you get the exact same thing as you do when you die.  "Game Over."  Yup, that's it.

Wanted to beat it on Mame, just to see the ending, but they don't allow you to continue after during the last section!

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: The absolute worst commercial game for Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »
I would say any fighting game that had multiple buttons in the arcade but forced to use a single button sucked!  Any of the Street Fighter games especially.

It was hard enough to play them with a three button Genesis controller.

Out of curiosity, did any of the games for the Amiga/CD32 actually use all the buttons from the CD32?  Were the buttons just mapped to keys on the keyboard or something?

I was kind of wanting to get a CD32 gamepad, though I currently have an old Genesis one (for the type of games that play better with a game pad) and two Epyx 500XJ joysticks, and I managed to re-solder my old Amiga joystick!  Yup the little red ones that Amiga made before being stolen out from under Atari!  That whole thing still makes me laugh.  Wish I had known that story before I had invested in the Atari Mega STe.  Makes sense that the Epic Atari 8-bit and the Amiga were engineered by the most awesome Jay Miner (R.I.P.)

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.