Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org For Sale?  (Read 4413 times)

Description:

Offline EDanaII

• Show only replies by EDanaII
    • http://www.EdwardGDanaII.info
Re: Amiga.org For Sale?
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 09, 2012, 05:30:55 AM »
Quote from: CritAnime;718195
There is a difference. A landmine you can't reason with, Franko you can. To an extent anyway ;)

I've had better luck with land-mines! :p
Ed.

Offline Methuselas

• Show only replies by Methuselas
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2012, 07:28:50 AM »
If you let Franko back, you have to let Doomy back. After all, he *WAS* the first Amiga.org "troll." ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNti5bN9ILU

(Moto's version is better, but I only have it as an mp3.)

*AND* Atheist too. We need an OS4 zealot who will bringeth back the Rapture.

Sorry for playing devil's advocate. Argo, feel free to give me a point, for this. ;)
\'Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation.\' - Bruce Lee

\'No, sorry. I don\'t get my tits out. They\'re not actually real, you know? Just two halves of a grapefruit...\' - Miki Berenyi

\'Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.\' - Dark Helmet :roflmao:

\'And for future reference, it might be polite to ask someone if you can  quote them in your signature, rather than just citing them to make a  sales pitch.\' - Karlos. :rtf

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;718197
Balloon Land, from the co-creator of Mickey Mouse!

Thank u so much. I used to watch it as a kid. I loved it when I was a kid, hehehe. I used to dream as a kid about a planet filled with ballloon creatures and plants and even houses hehe and I would go there and pop them just like the cartoon and I get all giddy heheheh.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:44:15 PM by AmigaClassicRule »

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2012, 05:44:43 PM »
Looks like Franko still reads AO:

http://crap.forumotion.co.uk/t146-erm-nobody-bothered-to-ask-me#872?tid=94cc5ab36498ac155116a7f5201bdcce

I've no idea what is in the YouTuve vids as I'm at work and they're blocked. Click at your own peril!  :eek:
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »
@thread

folks interested in discussing possible lifting of bans and/or other matters related to moderation on the site, please open a new thread in the site feedback forum. thanks!

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2012, 06:19:04 PM »
The best thing about Franko is his taste in music. I go to crap not for the trolling or amigas but for the music.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2012, 06:24:32 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;718184
Quoted for truth.

I liked Franko because he was one of the few people around here who were completely unwilling to compromise their stance on what is and isn't "Amiga" for the sake of diplomacy or "keeping the name out there" and who demonstrated a real passion for the platform, rather than just hanging around perpetually carping about how it's not fast enough to play YouTube on. We could use more people like that.

Isn't that a general thing here, ie the "if it doesn't have a Paula chip on the motherboard it is not an Amiga" type attitude? Seems plenty of people wave that flag quite loudly here :)

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2012, 06:43:47 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;718247
@thread

folks interested in discussing possible lifting of bans and/or other matters related to moderation on the site, please open a new thread in the site feedback forum. thanks!

-- eliyahu

Done!

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?p=718254#post718254
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »
Well technically he is right.  The only computers to bear the Amiga name had Paula chips.  (Except a handful of intel boxes and tablets licensed from the late and unlamented Amiga Inc)

Quote from: Digiman;718251
Isn't that a general thing here, ie the "if it doesn't have a Paula chip on the motherboard it is not an Amiga" type attitude? Seems plenty of people wave that flag quite loudly here :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 03:03:56 AM »
Quote from: Digiman;718251
It's not so much his exact position as that it was quite clearly something he believed in, whereas with a lot of other people it seems to just be an argument they take to use against the opposing "camp" but drop whenever it would conflict with another position they want to take. At the time Franko was around, a lot of people who generally fall in that camp were saying things like "well, I like the 68k as much as anybody, but at least CUSA is getting the Name out there" or "I know the C64x isn't what any of us want, but Barry's a smart match for our community anyway because he's a successful businessman with money." Hell, even I was trying to at least be diplomatic until I got a better feel for what kind of people they were. The mad Scotsman, however, was having none of it, wasn't going to compromise his positions for anything, and clearly relished defending them. Whatever else you think about the guy, I totally have to respect that.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup