Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Update firmware on CSPPC - problems with the official instructions  (Read 1363 times)

Description:

Offline JohnFanteTopic starter

• Show all replies
Well I am trying to update my firmware on my CSPPC from 44.67 to 44.71. I want to try OpenPCI :-)

However I am having some maybe (noob) problems with the included update instructions.

When I start up and press S and hold both mouse buttons (as it states in the instructions) my HD volumes do not show up and I can not disable them (it goes very quickly to the boot menu and my SCSI HD's dos not have time to spin up).

When I hold both mouse buttons (only) the HD volumes show up and I can disable and boot.

Is it crucial to pres S while booting during a firmware upgrade? And do I have to boot the floppy without startup-sequence.

I can get to the CSPPC boot menu with ESC so no problem there.
Booooiiiing!!!!

• Show all replies
Re: Update firmware on CSPPC - problems with the official instructions
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 08:07:04 PM »
Strange. I have a standard Workbench 3.1 floppy in the drive. Freshly made from and adf and it boots fine.

When try I boot without a startup-sequence it goes to AmigaDos with a 1> prompt. As far as I remember it should go to a cut down version of Workbench.

Or what?
Booooiiiing!!!!

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 05:27:37 AM »
Quote from: zipper;723719
No, LoadWB endcli then you're on WB.

That did the trick :-)

Thank you!

Just a quick followup question. What is the optimal settings for a CSPPC?

In the system there are the following choices:

SuperScaler on/off
BranchCache on/off
Writebuffer on/off

After the update they are all set to off. There is no mention of their function in the manual. Should the be off or on? I am running a dual boot OS3.9/OS4.1.

And in the SCSI menu. As far as I know all the Units that I do not use should be set to No lun the rest to auto.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:34:26 AM by JohnFante »
Booooiiiing!!!!

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 12:14:06 PM »
Quote from: Cosmos;723772
The firmware is now fully reversed : http://leblogdecosmos.blogspot.fr/2013/01/firmware-mk3-512-ko-ii.html

I don't want to continue on my card, because too many eeprom desoldering will damage my MK3...

I'm looking for another MK3 or MK3/PPC : the goal is to include the 68060.library into a new firmware for getting a 100% plug&play CyberStorm !

If you have one for sale, email-me please !

:)

Great to hear about the reverse engineering. Crossing my fingers for a CSPPC upgrade :-)

Mine is not for sale but maybe the guy who owns A-OEN can borrow you one. He has recently made a blog http://blog.a-eon.biz/blog/ about all the equipment he has borrowed out over the years. Just a thought.
Booooiiiing!!!!