Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology Acquires Personal Paint  (Read 10682 times)

Description:

Offline TrevorDick

• Amiga Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology Acquires Personal Paint
« on: November 27, 2014, 10:29:41 PM »
Quote from: ral-clan;778403
Where can I find out more information about the the 7.3 version of Personal Paint for the Classic OS?

I searched online and could find no feature list, nor anywhere that sold it.  The Amistore software linked to on the A-EON site above can only be installed on OS4.

As already posted, 68K users will be able to purchase the latest 7.3 upgrade via Amistore. However, since AMIStore is not yet  available for Classic users we are arranging for AmigaKit to stock a new  retail version and we will make a Digital ADF Classic AmigaOS version  available on the Amistore website. (Details to be provided).

Earlier Classic versions of Personal Paint will be available to download  free of charge from the A-EON server.

TrevorD
Supporting all Amiga flavours

Offline TrevorDick

• Amiga Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 05:48:14 AM »
@Minuous

As posted on the A-EON Facebook page.

Earlier this year we commissioned Andy Broad  to complete the first update to Personal Paint for many years. He did an  excellent job which resulted in a new 68k version Personal Paint 7.2 which Cloanto bundled with its latest Amiga Forever release.

As part of the agreement with Andy, he also worked on a major upgrade  of Personal Paint for both the Classic AmigaOS and a native PPC version  for AmigaOS 4.1. These are now available to purchase through AMIstore.

The Personal Paint 7.3 Classic versions has the following features:-

● Works with the Classic AmigaOS and AmigaOS4.1 and and emulation under WinUAE and Amiga Forever
 ● Totally integrated with the AmigaOS Workbench
 ● Supports AmigaOS screen dragging
 ● Smoother interaction with the OS4 screen dragging system
 ● True colour animation frame thumbs in the StoryBoard window
 ● High resolution gadget imagery and thin borders style GUI option for a more modern look
 ● 9 new built in brush shapes
 ● 100 new Custom Brushes
 ● Pressure sensitive drawing
 ● Dithered transparency
 ● New Airbrush Linemode
 ● Extended paint functionality with image processing tool

Note: The native PPC version has similar features.

Our acquisition of the rights to Personal Paint means that we will  continue with its ongoing development in the future. Also we will  continue to make historical version of Personal Paint available for free  download and that includes the version of PPaint that was removed from Aminet.

TrevorD
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:33:36 PM by TrevorDick »

Offline TrevorDick

• Amiga Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 08:50:42 PM »
Thorham

I presume you are refereeing to True Brilliance which was the 24-bit painting program. For me Brilliance 2 is akin Personal Paint, while True Brilliance is more related to Andy Broad's SketchBlock.  Anyway both programs (PP7.3 and SketchBlock) will be in the upcoming Radiance Multimedia Suite release.

BTW IIRC (and correct me if I'm wrong) wasn't Personal Paint the first Amiga paint program to break the 2mb chip RAM barrier?

TrevorD

Offline TrevorDick

• Amiga Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
    • Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
Quote from: broadblues;778532
If someone who has both OS4 and MOS and bought the 68k version would like to give feedback they would be welcome :-)

You wish is my command. ;-)

I will give it a try later today.

TrevorD