Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Floppy problem!  (Read 498 times)

Description:

Offline SidViciousTopic starter

• Show only replies by SidVicious
Floppy problem!
« on: March 01, 2005, 02:35:20 PM »
Something's wrong with my floppy. When i put a floppy into the drive the floppy driver does just read the floppy disk for a while and then it opens Workbench and the "F.DISK" light is on and the workbench clock is on the screen...then nothing happens! Does someone knows what's wrong? I think it's an internal problem cuzz it happend when i opend the amiga.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: Floppy problem!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 02:36:09 PM »
VGR-50?

/sorry

Might be just good old wear and tear. My 1200D's original drive gave up the blue smoke recently :-(
int p; // A

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 02:37:47 PM »
One thing to note is that i worked when i tried it without the chassi (the amiga case?)

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 03:03:20 PM »
The problem is "solved". The problem was the to screws that's in front of the flopp drive.
I i removed the inside screw (the one that isn't near the flopp-push-out button, it worked. So, i started the Amiga whithout that screw, when the floppy loaded i screwed it in. After a while i could here i wiered noise from the drive, then i stoped screwing and screwed the screw out again anting the wiered noise stoped. Then i restarted the Amiga. Ang gues what? The floppy drive is working! =D

Sry for the realy, realy bad english in this post, i don't know how to say this things, but i hope you understand some of it, then maybe someone can make another post about it in some type o FAQ or something. ;)

Offline Doobrey

• Show only replies by Doobrey
    • http://www.doobreynet.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 04:13:42 PM »
Yup, understood loud and clear..
I had almost the same thing on my A4000D last year.

Floppy would work fine when it was out of the drive cage, but screw it back in and it`d get read/write errors on almost every disk!
 {Ashcroft}CBM, didn`t bother using the right length screws  :pissed: , filed them down a bit and it was fine.
On schedule, and suing