Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is there an easy way to use E-Uae on MorphOS?  (Read 7497 times)

Description:

Offline Crumb

• Show only replies by Crumb
    • http://cuaz.sourceforge.net
Re: Is there an easy way to use E-Uae on MorphOS?
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 06, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
Quote from: dougal;586497
I am used to using WinUAE.

Using E-Uae on MorphOS sucks because you have to use Shell to launch it.

Is there a nice GUI or frontend for it?

There's a useful muirexx gui for games and stuff like that.

I'm doing a mui gui too but not too fast so I don't know when will it be finished, atm I have 90% of mui options "drawn" and I'm writting the code to read the settings from the gui and change the gui depending on the loaded settings. It won't be a launcher but a GUI. I will probably make it appear with F12 as I hate the strange shortcuts used by EUAE.
The only spanish amiga news web page/club: Club de Usuarios de Amiga de Zaragoza (CUAZ)

Offline jimh54

• Show only replies by jimh54
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 05:17:10 PM »
Fab,
I am indeed using your release. The Config file does not load, that seems to be at least partof the problem. My goal is to bind EUAE to Ambient as you mentioned.

JJ,
Where canI find the release you mentioned? Link?

Also, perhaps I cannot get the path to the roms correct.
They are located in  DH2:MorphOS/Applications/E-UAE_08.29-WIP4/Roms. Is that the correct path to point to the roms?

The config file in the Conf drawer name is af_boot.uaerc. That is where I put the path info as stated above. When I dbl click the euae executable i get the can't load rom error, and if I read the test it says "Opening cfgfile '.uaerc'...failed" a few lines above. I have not moved the config file. I do notice that there is no icon for the E-UAE drawer or any of the other drawers I have copied to the system. I have to select all files to see them and then they are greyed out.

How do I edit and configure the mime types. I keep hearing that I need to do that.

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm totally new to amiga and MorphOS. It is a different beast than Mac OS x or windows 7.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:40:43 PM by jimh54 »

Offline WeiXing3D

• Show only replies by WeiXing3D
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 04:43:02 AM »
I still like the implementation and use of RunInUAE in AmigaOS 4.x better; you just drag and drop the adf onto the RunInUAE icon and the game or app plays automatically, in the right game and screen configuration all the time.

I'm trying to use rhLaunch as it comes with Pack Chrysalis (Ultimate Pack) and I can't get the adf to show in the drives (0,1,2, etc). It only shows the number of images but not the individual adf.

rhLaunch finds my roms without a problem. I can also right click on an adf and the emulator works most of the time, but in a small window in the center of the screen, while the rest of the screen is black. But then again, this only works for a few adf.

Has anyone figured out this at all?

By the way, the included documentation is a rather technical explanation of how to configure the installation of E-UAE from scratch, but it doesn't touch the fact of how to configure rhLaunch or launch the adf from there.

It would be great if someone could post a video in YouTube showing this.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 04:49:39 AM by WeiXing3D »
Amiga 1200 fully loaded by Aclii.
AmigaONE X5000 with OS4.1 FE
FPGA Arcade board in miniITX case with AmigaOS3.9 and WB 3.1.
MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz, PowerBook & Power Mac G5
Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.1.1 &
MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA Workbench 3.9 PFS3 configuration.