Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Great to see Motorola's back on track again!!!  (Read 5458 times)

Description:

Offline teo

• Show all replies
Re: Great to see Motorola's back on track again!!!
« on: March 17, 2003, 03:27:51 AM »
of interest to some, this was posted on our local ug list this morning, from www.macosrumors.com

Much speculation has emerged about the IBM PowerPC 9800 processor, a high-end design that the company is developing from the POWER5 family (the PPC 970 "G5" is a POWER4 derivative) which will include four processor cores, Altivec, and many other dramatic improvements. Although it is closer to the high-end server/workstation space than the 970, it too already appears to be targeted in such a way that it could become the high-end G6 Mac processor at a time (late 2004/early 2005) when the G5 will be becoming mainstream and the G4 will be relegated only to portable products.

@poweramiga2002, were you refering to mips_proc's comment? just because his logo is a blue butterfly doesnt mean his trolling, the same way just because mine is red checkered balls doesnt mean im trolling... I havent read thru his past comments, but i dont see any blue flames in his post here?

That reminds me, dont forget to check out the amiga.org images section for the logo wars, coming soon to a screen near you...

The pro aos supporters (eg me) and pro mos supporters (eg mips_proc) that are dedicated and focused but still objective and realistic should be applauded, not abused?

@Waccoon, just for my interest, would you be happy moving to x86, as i would?