Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cost of new Amiga  (Read 648 times)

Description:

Offline DFergATLTopic starter

• Show only replies by DFergATL
Cost of new Amiga
« on: May 04, 2004, 07:41:39 PM »
Now that the Dev rel of OS 4.0 is out and new A1 will be shipping with it.  Does anyone have an opinion on how long it might take for the price to come down.  I am getting ready to buy a new computer in the next 3-4 months.  I really, really want an Amiga, again.  But I just can't see spending the amount they are currently going for.  I can wait a little but not like a year or more.  I was just wanting to see if there are any theories out there about when the price might start to come down.
Sir, I believe that we have a problem with your brain being missing.  -Firefly-

Offline mikeymike

• Show only replies by mikeymike
Re: Cost of new Amiga
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 08:46:00 PM »
Judging by Classic Amiga accelerator prices, I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you :-)

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 09:02:03 PM »
The prices won't come down. That would only apply if there was enough continuing sales to make bigger production runs and lower economies of scale. But the Amiga market will be saturated with A1s after just a few thousand (if they're lucky). There is no point here where the production runs will get bigger. The price could even go up, but it won't come down.

Offline DFergATLTopic starter

• Show only replies by DFergATL
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 09:48:25 PM »
You mean it will continue to cost 1200-1500 for a new built A1 running at 800?  I hope they don't hold their breath.  I understand that they need volume but that is just way too much for the specs they are selling, way, way too much.  MorphOS motherboards are not that much and have higher specs but I don't want MorphOS.  Just a personal choice.  It is really too bad.  I would love to go back to Amiga but it doesn't look good.
Sir, I believe that we have a problem with your brain being missing.  -Firefly-