Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attacking my first idea as a scam...  (Read 8432 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Attacking my first idea as a scam...
« on: May 14, 2014, 01:55:23 AM »
Unless Athiest is also Foody, then it's not Athiest.

In regards to optical media, it's demise is somewhat exaggerated.
Personally I have 6TB (2*3) of non system specific data (video, emu games, pdf docs, etc.). If either of these drives died Id be gutted at the volume of data lost, so I backup new content to bluray from time to time. This isnt practical any other way. Not to mention its cheaper to buy original discs than it is to download a 40gig movie (size of typical 1080p 3d rip of decent quality).
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: Attacking my first idea as a scam...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 04:06:23 AM »
I dont disagree about raid being a good idea at times, but for my setup, not to mention theyre usb drives makes it not an option for me. Two of my main machines are an i5 laptop, and an a64 x2 laptop I use for AROS. Apart from that I have an i7 system I use as an entertainment centre/gaming rig (connected to av amp and main tv, etc.). Add my AROS desktop system, my amithlon box and my a1200 and Im pretty well out of room for computers, none of them really suited to a raid system.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:11:49 AM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.