Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A noobie but an oldie Amiga lad.  (Read 869 times)

Description:

Offline GagginTopic starter

• Show only replies by Gaggin
A noobie but an oldie Amiga lad.
« on: April 28, 2004, 09:51:41 AM »
Hello,

Justa little background first before I plague you all with noob questions, as a young lad I got my first A500 sweet little thing that I held close to mine heart, next I upgraded for the A600 with its hard drive things just kept getting sweet in those days.

Anyway I lost the plot and spurned my amiga and went down the PC road and alas after many years of regret I found the delights of Amiga emulators, purchased my Emulator CD loaded it up played with it moved the kick.rom about and was soon playing the old xx.adf floppy games.

Now the noob bit afriad I seem to be missing my old workbench shell? I seem to remember having an OS. Loading up my Amiga from the hard drive looking at the little shell folders.

I don't mind just seeing the hand holding the disk but for the life of me I'd love to play some of the old HardDrive install games and I just can't seem to get that aspect working.

So if anyone can mail me or link me to a download with instructions on how to get the OS to boot up, Install HD Games etc.

It be most appreciated.

Dave.

Offline xeron

• Show only replies by xeron
    • http://www.petergordon.org.uk
Re: A noobie but an oldie Amiga lad.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 10:08:49 AM »

Gaggin wrote:
purchased my Emulator CD

Was that the Amiga Forever CD? If so, it should have a ready-to-roll hard disk image, which you can use with the 3.1 kickstart ROM also present on the CD, AFAIK. (note that i've never seen an Amiga Forever CD in my life, I still only use real Amigas, but I'm pretty sure there is a hardfile on there you can use).
Playstation Network ID: xeron6

Offline elendil

• Show only replies by elendil
    • http://www.idiot.fnuck.dk
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 10:52:58 AM »
Amiga in a box should help you (google for it, free download), if you want an easy preconfigured workbench.

Sincerely,

-Kenneth Straarup.

Offline GagginTopic starter

• Show only replies by Gaggin
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »
Hmm will have the check the CD when I get home tonight, and look for a HD file, I think I just whipped off the rom file and went used the WINUAE on there tried the Fellow one but prefered the look of WINUAE I looked around and used the Amiga in a box pretty cool got me up and running, managed to make some virtual drives etc.

I'll check through the disk tonight and see if I can find a HD image.

I'll let you know how it pans out.

Ahh can almost smell Black crypt and Hired Guns split screen a calling me.

Cheers Dave.