Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should AROS and the 'alleged' OS5 projects be Combined?  (Read 1329 times)

Description:

Offline philipjTopic starter

• Show all replies
Should AROS and the 'alleged' OS5 projects be Combined?
« on: December 20, 2006, 03:22:17 PM »
I believe MorphOS used AROS in a similar fashion, but if the option was there (AmigaInc's say-so) should something be implemented for AmigaOS 5?

Basically if we could get the OS over the the x86 platform as quickly and resourcefully as possible, could this be a possibility in your opinions?

Of course you may think AROS should progress on its own and that it is best to keep open-source...

[OR]

You may think OS5 should stay as a fairytale and that we should get the PPC OS4 out first?

All possibilities, and I'm thinking some of you will have other ideas but I thought that combining AROS/OS5 could be cool!

Also I'm aware some members think that the x86 platform is a no-go area and that is a fair enough as well.

I know we have no proof of its existent and some think OS4 will never see the light of day but it's nice to speculate and talk about it.

Thoughts? :idea:

Offline philipjTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Should AROS and the 'alleged' OS5 projects be Combined?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 03:49:12 PM »
I actually didn't know this had been so thoroughly discussed before.

I tried searching for 'AROS' and 'OS5' in the same title and came up with nothing specific.

I'm sorry I started the thread.