Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A1200 Case Badge  (Read 2714 times)

Description:

Offline CoolhandTopic starter

• Show only replies by Coolhand
New A1200 Case Badge
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
Hey all, hope its OK to post this in here.

I made a new badge for my 1200 and anyone that wants a copy can get one from shapeways. http://shpws.me/nwHE

I'd recommend (for plastic) choosing either frosted detail or frosted ultra detail, but you can also get a print in many other materials including Sterling Silver, swish!

EDIT: If you guys like here's the 3D file for you to download... It's in .Stl format, which should be open-able in just about any 3D app.

DOWNLOAD ME HERE:

http://coolhandgraphics.blogspot.co.uk/p/free-ware-and-other-stuff.html
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:05:47 AM by Coolhand »

Offline Matt_H

Re: New A1200 Case Badge
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:38:39 PM »
Nicely done! I've got an A1200 that could use one of these. What software did you use?

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 11:25:55 PM »
It does look good.  Who owns the "chickenhead" CBM emblem these days?  That would set it off nicely!

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 12:20:19 AM »
Quote from: gertsy;730107
It does look good.  Who owns the "chickenhead" CBM emblem these days?  That would set it off nicely!

I don't think that's territory I want to go into.

;)

Offline Astral

• Show only replies by Astral
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 01:09:42 AM »
Very nice! Can you make others? For A1200 and other miggies?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 01:11:56 AM by Astral »

Offline esc

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 01:28:30 AM »
I'm looking forward to the day we can start printing new Amiga cases!  :)

ALso - well done, it looks great.  And your other pieces look AWESOME, very intricate and impressive!  What software do you use to do your designs?  I want to design some parts for paintball equipment, can you recommend a way to get started?  I also would like to eventually design Amiga cases :)

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 02:59:50 AM »
I do make parts on request for people, so if you want a custom badge or really anything just let me know in here or via pm. You know I keep getting private requests for real working gun parts - AR15's lately,  Coolhand Customs is not a real weapons factory - but paintball is ok:)

About me: I'm a freelance artist for the past 8 or so years, producing a lot of 3d print models, a lot of video game assets and all sorts of things.  some of my work is documented on my blog http://coolhandgraphics.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm certainly looking to make some case parts, which will again be available to others. The costs don't scale UP well though for big items like entire cases, but if you have your own printer which can build that big, why not?

basically anything that's solid, or purely mechanical is ok, you can print working mechanisms today but it doesn't mean you can print out a working internal combustion engine, clockwork type mechanisms and low stress applications of that ilk are fine.

For those interested in software, Rhino would be the package of choice for most people, but you can use any 3d soft really, you just need to know how to use it to get the right results... No reason why you couldn't design a printable Amiga case with an Amiga even, lots of 3d apps for that platform - I started out with imagine 3.0 and Deluxe Paint IV on my 1200 years ago.

In the future of course you'll be also thinking of print on demand PCB's and other electronics... This is an important industry for retro enthusiasts where demand doesn't often justify conventional manufacturing runs.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 03:06:34 AM »
I'd like to see what it looks like on the case.  I need one for a Commodore 64C case.  :)
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline mpiva

• Show only replies by mpiva
    • http://members.shaw.ca/michpiva
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 05:53:48 AM »
@ Matt_H & esc

TinkerCAD is a great, browser-based 3D modelling tool that is extremely easy to use for simple things like this and can send your models straight to 3D printing sites like Shapeways.
-- Michael A. Piva --

"In engineering, there is no single truth, no one right answer; there\'s a canvas, and you paint it your way, only with chips or gates or subroutines rather than actual paint. That\'s the Amiga..."
-Dave Haynie

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 06:07:37 PM »
That is ultra cool!!!!  Gotta try it out.
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 08:39:23 AM »
Quote from: mpiva;730149
@ Matt_H & esc

TinkerCAD is a great, browser-based 3D modelling tool that is extremely easy to use for simple things like this and can send your models straight to 3D printing sites like Shapeways.

to be fair I did a lot of custom line work on the one posted, to ensure a good quality print in many materials... its not a simple typeface thing.:)

If you guys like here's the 3D file for you to download... It's in .Stl format, which should be open-able in just about any 3D app.

DOWNLOAD ME HERE:

http://coolhandgraphics.blogspot.co.uk/p/free-ware-and-other-stuff.html