Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Os 3.1.4 Thread  (Read 239652 times)

Description:

Offline outlawal2

Re: The Os 3.1.4 Thread
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:53:07 PM »
Seriously Kolla?  <smh>
Stop wasting everyones time. AGAIN

Anyway, I apologize for not reading all of the previous pages, but the question I have is if I want to use this on my A1200 and my A3000 I need to order it twice?  Is this correct?  Also, will this version run with the ROMs I currently have installed or do I need new ones? 

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 06:54:18 PM »
Thanks!

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 07:12:34 PM »
OK so attempted to purchase 3.1.4 for my 3000 and 1200..  Made the purchase (Of course my money is taken with zero issues)
Then when I try to download it says I need to create a new account.  So I do this and it says OK click on the link in the email we sent you.
I received no email.  Checked multiple times and even tried to create account again and no dice.  So the account was created but I can't activate.

So I go to the forum and apparently they are having some kind of issue sending emails and are getting blocked.  So I try to ask a question in the forum and of course I need to create an account and guess what?  Yep I will need to click on another email that never arrives.  And NOWHERE on the site is a place to reach anyone if you have issues.

So exactly how is anyone supposed to download their software with this situation?

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 07:57:34 PM »
The issue was not with the purchase.. It was with the ACTIVATION of my account on the site.
I received the email with my serial# as that came from a 3rd party commerce site.. (Whoever they use to take your money)  That worked fine.

It was after the fact when I tried to create an account on the website that I have not received an activation email so I am dead in the water

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 01:46:19 AM »
@outlawal2

Hm, wasn't it you who told me to stop wasting everyone's time? Well well...

Exactly how is my posting a question about the purchase of 3.1.4 wasting everyone's time?  At least my question is in regards to the subject at hand and not simply being a dick.  You sir cannot say the same.

Please go away as this is a forum for decent Amiga fans.

(And for the record my question was answered from someone on the Hyperion site that was able to assist me with the issue and all is well now.)

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 03:48:47 AM »
OK just installed the ROMs in my 3000 and reinstalled the OS from the new floppies...   But it still says my disk is 2 GIG even though it is 16.  Could this be because it was formatted before as 2 GIG?  No matter what I try it only shows up as 2 GIG.
This is a Sandisk MicroSD and the adaptor is a SCSI 2 SD adaptor...   Other than the size issue it works fine..

Just wondering what I am doing wrong as everyone I have seen thus far says the new OS detects the disks perfectly..

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 12:58:39 PM »
Yeah but I DID repartition with the tools provided with the new OS..  (Hence my question)
Strange....

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 09:17:58 PM »
Are there instructions on how to install the AmigaOS-3.1.4-IconPack.lha that can be downloaded off the Hyperion website?
These are not the same icons that are included on the Storage disk.

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 03:48:27 AM »
Tried that before i asked the question and it copied everything over..  Restarted and no change to my icons..  :-[

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 01:30:52 PM »
OK so exactly how do you use them?  Please tell me you don't have to individually select each one to change them?
Again telling people to "use them as you see fit" is not very helpful when people are asking HOW do you use them?

This is a recurring theme on these forums when people ask for assistance and get responses that do not explain HOW to do things.
An example is a question asking about how to connect an Amiga to the internet and the typical response is "Use Miami" with no explanation on how to use Miami.
This is not helpful.

So again, exactly how are the icons used?

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 06:28:43 PM »
Forgive me if this is a silly question or if this has been answered already, but will 3.2 require another new ROM or will it work with 3.1.4?
And thanks for all of your hard work!  Sometimes it doesn't appear that folks appreciate the work you are doing but I can assure you MANY of us do..