Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component  (Read 87651 times)

Description:

Offline Tygre

Re: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component
« on: December 11, 2018, 02:21:40 AM »
@Thomas Richter

No, you only say that dos device name must end with a letter that corresponds to a partition, whatever that is may very well depend on the partition layout, there is no exact answer, right? The MBR partition table may not list partitions in "correct" order, the extended partition may or may not exist on either of the four possible primary partitions, and the order of logical partitions is also not necessarily fixed. Does CrossDOS care about partition ordering? No answer. Does it get confused if there are primary partitions "behind" an extended partition? Who knows. Is there a specific letter associated with exactly the second logical partition of an extended partition? I suppose answer is - not really.

Why don't you try and report in this thread? (Or create a dedicated thread about your questions?) That would be useful to everyone and Thomas could go back to listing and explaining "bug fixes and changes by component", which is the reason for this tread. (Not to serve as an in-depth, developers' manual for AmigaOS v3.1.4.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:24:28 AM by Tygre »

The following users thanked this post: klx300r

Offline Tygre

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 05:49:53 PM »
Thomas already answered Kolla very well :) but let me add regarding:

I am not a developer, I am just trying to _use_ the software I bought, which is not so easy with documentation lacking and/or spread in bits an pieces all over, and no interest from Hyperion whatsoever beyond ownership and sales, certainly not to offer any support.

that this thread is not about Hyperion, it is about "Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component".
Please create a new thread if you want to discuss Hyperion support (or lack thereof).

Offline Tygre

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »
Why do you assume I have not tried? I have tried. Lots. Did it work? Not really.
No, you haven't.

So you are calling me a liar?

I don't know and I don't care about that. Kolla, please create a thread dedicated to your questions about CrossDOS and related. There, anyone who can will certainly help you. Again, this thread is about "Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component": not about Hyperion support, not about using CrossDOS, etc.

Thanks for your understanding.