Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Am i in the wrong?  (Read 5655 times)

Description:

Offline Flashlab

• Show only replies by Flashlab
Re: Am i in the wrong?
« Reply #74 from previous page: June 21, 2007, 09:35:03 PM »
I'm wondering if you really read the topic clearly, little "guru". You're just trolling and calling names.

It's about the fact someone is selling HDs with software that  is still illegal to sell if you don't supply the original disks. He's actively advertising the HDs with that software to make them more attractive hence to get more money for them. I just pointed that out to him. I never reported him to eBay and I don't have the impression anyone here did.

Now that you see that you're losing the argument you're starting to insult people here. That's just too naughty you little devil (666), you! You claim Piru doesn't help anybody (which is untrue), but ask yourself this: What are YOU adding to this forum? I read some posts from your profile and it seems the only thing you're adding is a really bad attitude. Think it over and don't come back with something like; "If the hat fits..." Come one...
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Online Flash version of BoulderDash: Offline...

Offline guru-666

• Show only replies by guru-666
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2007, 09:41:40 PM »
Yes Flashy, I have been following this from the start.  I guess anybody that does not share your narrow minded opinion is trolling.  Well I'm not, I'm sick if the assumptions you make about the law, 3.1 and piracy.  Like I have told you before, softhut was putting 3.1 on there OVERPRICED HD's, (making a profit)  With out sellign the floppies! .. so if you really have a problem then sue them!  This guy is just selling his HD and it has 3.1 on it, so what?  I think you have a bad attitude and a narrow vision if the wold... look beyond the boing ball.

You are the person that should go delete 3.1 from your harddrive beacsue after all, who really owns it... and it's just not moral for you to use it.

YOu are from Holland, you guys pirate software and movies at a similar rate to china....now you dare to speak of somebody selling a HD with OS3.1 on it.....  WOW

guys gues what, if you seel bad about it, don't buy it!

IF ANYBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS AUCTION IT IS WHO EVER OWNS OS3.1, THEY DID NOT ASK FOR YOU HELP. THEY DID NOT SUE SOFTHUT AND DI NOT REPORT THIS TO EBAY... GET THE POINT...

Offline Flashlab

« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2007, 10:10:40 PM »
Here we go again; "you are from Holland so you suck..." great argument. Should I say now that you are from the USA and therefore you're a gun wielding maniac shooting his fellow citizens and that you sue your neighbour for what he's worth? Come on man! Learn how to have a normal conversation! Please, I get paid too little to waste my time with people like you.

I don't intend to sue the topic starter, Softhut or anyone. I just mentioned that what he's doing is considered piracy and that people can get expelled from eBay for that. That does happen.

Now I get some crazy man calling me a retard and ordering me to delete my OS from my harddrive? Maybe you could make a script out of this and sell it in Hollywood; would make a fine comedy? I find it hilarious!
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 060@50 604@200 SCSI 130Mb Ram G-Rex Voodoo3 PicassoIV Paloma Ariadne Delfina Lite

Offline the_leander

• Show only replies by the_leander
    • http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2007, 10:21:15 PM »

guru-666 wrote:
Yes Flashy, I have been following this from the start.  I guess anybody that does not share your narrow minded opinion is trolling.  Well I'm not, I'm sick if the assumptions you make about the law, 3.1 and piracy.  Like I have told you before, softhut was putting 3.1 on there OVERPRICED HD's, (making a profit)  With out selling the floppies! .. so if you really have a problem then sue them!  This guy is just selling his HD and it has 3.1 on it, so what?  I think you have a bad attitude and a narrow vision if the wold... look beyond the boing ball.

Then Softhut were equally wrong.

But be under absolutely no illusion, putting 3.1 (3.0 does seem to be a grey area given it's distribution on coverCDs from CU, AmigActive and Amiga Format) is piracy, unless it comes with a set of the original media to go with it.

guru-666 wrote:
You are the person that should go delete 3.1 from your hard drive because after all, who really owns it... and it's just not moral for you to use it.

Provided he has a set of the original media, he is fully entitled to purchase and use that hard drive. Morals have nothing to do with it, only the law.

guru-666 wrote:
YOu are from Holland, you guys pirate software and movies at a similar rate to china....now you dare to speak of somebody selling a HD with OS3.1 on it.....  WOW

Hmm, how many ways is this wrong... Potentially racist, definitely against the TOS not to mention an utterly strawman argument.

guru-666 wrote:
guys gues what, if you seel bad about it, don't buy it!

guru-666 wrote:
IF ANYBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS AUCTION IT IS WHO EVER OWNS OS3.1, THEY DID NOT ASK FOR YOU HELP. THEY DID NOT SUE SOFTHUT AND DI NOT REPORT THIS TO EBAY... GET THE POINT...

In some countries, not reporting a crime in progress can get you in trouble on the basis of aiding and abetting. Admittedly in this case it's hardly of interest to anyone to prosecute, it still doesn't make it legal to do. Your point, like most of your posts in this thread as far as I can tell is somewhat hard to distinguish due to all the personal attacks tied into them...

To carvedeye, yes, you were in the wrong, not only for including 3.1 on the drive sans original install media, but for also flogging it as a 1200 drive for reasons given previously, but to be honest, I suspect that no one is seriously going to lose sleep over this. I doubt beyond anything other then a point of discussion, anyone genuinely gives a crap at a single old hard drive with a fresh install of 3.1. being flogged on ebay.
Blessed Be,
Alan Fisher - the_leander

[SIGPIC]http://www.extropia.co.uk/theleander/[/SIGPIC]

Offline guru-666

• Show only replies by guru-666
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2007, 10:36:08 PM »
you are right you have convinced me that this a CRIME and people need to be punished!  
How could I be so stupid to think that you guys actualy had any common sense!

It's not my fault that so much pritated software comes from the nordic countries.. it just a fact and I suggest if you care so  much about the law, sue softhut and then the guy, it worth it!  You to can help kill the amiga scene and get in on some the law suits going on! Heck I would like to sue netherlands form distributing pirtaed movies...something that effects me personaly on a much larger scale the the rather outdated os3.1.

Just out of curriosity what punishment does this crime have?

If you don't care then don't post, otherwise you maek it sould as if you DO care  great deal that this CRIME is being commited...
No dude I'm not a raciast, but with your world view I understand that hard to figure out.

And NO softhut is not equaly wrong.. they made a noce profit.. this guys drives are selling CHEAP!!

get a life!

Offline alphonsus

• Show only replies by alphonsus
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2007, 11:15:09 PM »
Hello, I'm back, however briefly!

Returning to the original question, I'm pretty sure ebay states caveat emptor on all auctions, so if the idiot buyer wasn't aware of what (he) bought and didn't ask, that's his hard cheese.

Now for further comments:
3.1 is/was also distributed on the 3.5 amd 3.9 CDs, which are still occasionally abailable new, you just have to look for it on the disk.

Distributing a hard disk with software and not removing all copies of it you own is a copyright offense, but there isn't necessarily a requirement to pass on the original disks, especially if they no longer exist. The idea is that one copy was bought, one copy can be used, who runs it is up to the person who bought it originally. (This is not correct under Microsoft's EULA, but is for older software in a more friendly, naive time).
Saw the light in 1990, found WinUAE in 2003

Offline Flashlab

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2007, 06:56:26 AM »
This is getting better with each post, eh little "guru"? With your twisted thinking it's easy calling other people narrow-minded. I just gave my opinion and tried to warn the topic starter that if someone really wanted to he could report his auction for piracy.

You, on the other hand, go totally beserk and start attacking people for not agreeing with you. You should be happy I'm not a moderator around here. But maybe so should I because you would sue me and my country if I gave you a time-out on this forum?

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2007, 09:08:02 AM »
just another typical childish thread example...

@piru , thanks for giving us Blizkick , a grand example of a utility that was much needed for its time(and after).

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline stopthegop

• Show only replies by stopthegop
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2007, 10:05:45 AM »
For the record, neither Holland or Finland are part of Scandinavia.  

The Scandinavian countries are: Norway, Denmark, Sweeden and, depending on who you ask, Iceland.  
Primary:
A4000T. Phase5 PPC604e-233mhz/060-66mhz. Mediator, Z3 Fastlane, Voodoo5, Delfina, X-Surf, AD516, Peggy Plus.

Collection:
A4000D, A1200, A500, Milan060 (Atari clone), Atari MegaSTE, Atari TT030, C64, C128, Mattel Aquarius, (2) HP Jornada....

Offline Amigaz

• Show only replies by Amigaz
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2007, 10:10:08 AM »

stopthegop wrote:
For the record, neither Holland or Finland are part of Scandinavia.  

The Scandinavian countries are: Norway, Denmark, Sweeden and, depending on who you ask, Iceland.  

It's a part of "Norden" though which includes the above countries including our brothers in the east..Finland ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Amiga 4000T - A3640 '040
Amiga 4000 - CS MKIII
Amiga 1200 - Blizzard 1230 MKIV
Amiga 1200 - Stock
Amiga CD32 - TF360
A bunch of ol' A500's

Offline jkirk

• Show only replies by jkirk
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »
How could I be so stupid to think that you guys actualy had any common sense!

common sense has absolutely nothing to do with this guru. is it wrong? definitely are you going to get in trouble? who knows but more than likely not. this is piracy no question about it. the seller might not have realized it but yes it is piracy.

The only stupid question is a question not asked.  

Win•dows: n. A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can\'t stand one bit of competition.

Offline eidofoor

• Show only replies by eidofoor
Yes, you are wrong.
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2007, 12:02:28 PM »
Yes, selling hard-drives with an any OS is legally piracy.
Yes, ebay can sue you for pirating software.

And yes, THE REALLY SHOULD!

Selling crap just because it is iced with an amiga OS doesn't really do the scene justice.

Otherwise I am not in the slightest fazed about pirating in the amiga scene. It made the amiga the succes it was in the nineties and the object of cult it is now.

Would I really help the developers of Deluxe paint if I bought a sealed copy some hack had in storage for over a decade and likes to make a profit now?

So I give away much larger drives jampacked full with illigal copies of very outdated software, if it can help people with their amiga-mania.

But selling it, No Way!

(For the people having fun making fine code for the amiga these days, Keep having fun! But if you're doing it for the money, well, your loss)

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
Re: Yes, you are wrong.
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2007, 03:04:41 PM »
ok, so much for this topic..
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143