Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So what phone does everyone use?  (Read 12010 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: So what phone does everyone use?
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »
@ Kesa

Oi... numpty where's the option for those of us who would never be daft enough to use a mobile phone even if we were paid to do so... ;(

PS:As your head of the Pancakes.org group here where's the Pancakes option too... :(

(You've really fecked this poll up... :D)

@ Nicholas

WOW... that's the first time I've ever heard of a mobile phone being put to good use... :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:14:34 PM by Franko »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:13:06 PM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;624282
You know what is funny but I think actually texting and making a call on my phone accounts for about 10% of it use, (which is why I got Pay as you Go) the rest is internet, gaming, taking photos or videos, watching a film or simpons eps, lisening to music or the radio and the main featrue is the great GPS and Map service thats got me home a few times when I got lost on long jurneys, it amazing to have so much on a phone. I recommend a smart phone to anyone even if you dont make many calls it is the best all in one tech device you can get, so really you should just treat the Phone as one small feature of the device.

This is not aimed at you personally, it's just my views on these gawd awful device and the effect they've had on society... :(

While i see why you use one from your post, to me that just sums up society today and the lack of real communication between people these days... :(

Im mean in 47 years I've never got so lost that I would need something like GPS just to find my way home or to a destination where I was heading... :)

Why folk feel the urge to be on the internet when they're out and about or in others company is beyond belief and just plain ignorant... :(

Playing games on a train or plain journeys or any kind of transport where there are other human beings around you to talk to and interact with is again a sad reflection on society these days and just adding to the ever increasing spiral of a society where folk would be better of just staying at home on their own and never venturing out into the real world to experience what life is all about... :(

So your recommendation of everyone buying such a device is really just another sad reflection of the lack of understanding these days that most folk think on what life is all about... sad but unfortunately very true... :(

PS:all this talk of jailbreaking & hacking phones is nothing new, when I was a kid and there were public phone boxes everywhere, we broke/hacked them to get the money out of the coin box... :D

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 06:04:48 PM »
Quote from: Transition;624327
If you're looking for a gawd awful device Franko Windows Phone 7 was made just for you.

:laughing:

You kidding... WINDOWS & A MOBILE PHONE... Probably two of the worst things ever to hit the human race... :D

Better of nailing a message to one of me squirrels and getting them to deliver it, costs peanuts... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 06:18:05 PM »
Quote from: persia;624331
We got rid of the home phone a year and a half ago, between mobile phones, skype and the rest the thing was bloody useless, it was tied to one place, charged calls by the distance and kept getting telemarketer calls.  Landlines just have no place in the home.

Ever heard of wireless house phones... ;)

or changing your landline supplier... :)

Or call blocking or ex directory to keep the telemarketers out... :)

PS: if you have no landline how do you connect to the net ???

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;624339
Only morons use copper lines for their net access, the rest of us use fiber-optic cable or HSDPA/4G/WiMax Frank! ;)

Me old copper line work fine for me and I aint paying Virgin 30 quid a month for their naff packages on top of the 95 quid a month Sky charges me... :)

Anyway you can always rip them old copper lines up and flog em to the scrappies... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:44:21 PM »
Quote from: B00tDisk;624346
Now, if this thread was anything to go by, the sad remainders of the userbase are a bunch of bitter old Luddites who'd prefer the tech world be a more frustrating, slower and harder to use place.

Sums me up perfectly that does... :)

I just need to spend a wee bit more time figuring out how to hack websites and writing viruses for these modern day computers then this old Luddite will really throw a spanner in the works and send us all back to the good old days... :D

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 07:06:48 PM »
Quote from: persia;624355
I just checked, the ADSL2 I have provides a phone line too.  I'll be buggered what the number is, but apparently there's one.

Get yourself an old landline phone and hook it up... then I'll try calling all the numbers in OZ and see if I can get through to you... :)

Only cost's me 4p a call on my package to phone OZ and their can't be many of you in that barren wasteland that have new fangled things like phones or electricity... :D

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 02:38:59 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;624440
A lot of ths I agree with. However I not infrequently will spend 6 or so hours in a day on train journeys. It's boring as hell, and I've often thought of getting a laptop or some other portable device would help ease that boredom. As for there being other folk around when Im on these train journeys, sure, but without such a device I havent spoken to them thus far (why would I? I dont know them or care to know them). To be honest I take offense at the suggestion I shouldnt keep myself ammused just because there's people around. I generally dont like people and thats my choice. Who the fuck are you to tell me otherwise ?

Wow someone's back to their grumpy old self & showing his true colours once again... :roflmao:

Wassamata your 040 still not working properly or is it just that time of the month again... :lol:

Didn't realise you thought that post was directed at you but with your last sentence I reckon it's probably people who don't like you generally and not the other way round... ;)

PS:I'm the *&^%$ who tell's everyone what to do and think cos I'm really gawd sent here to punish all the numpties for using mobile phones... :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:48:40 AM by Argo »

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 03:05:18 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;624452
@Franko
Fuck off idiot.

"My true colors" ? Yes I, much like other people do have good and bad days, but to suggest Im showing "my true colors" on the back of someone pissing me off is a bit rich.
My '040 has always worked. And who the fuck else could it be aimed at ? Im the only person who mentioned that a mobile device might keep me entertained for my long train rides. As for whether people like me or not, I really couldnt care less. Im just me, always have been and Ive never been fond of people so Im hardly going to lose sleep over whether or not they like me.

My... My... we are in a right narky mood tonight... :roflmao:

You were the one crying like a big girls blouse just recently that you could get your 040 Amiga set up and was about to get rid of it in a hissy fit you silly twat... :lol:

The post was aimed at all mobile phone users in general and was in reply to AmigaNGs post or can't you read very well anymore now that your eyes are bloodshot with rage... :D

PS: see how many F words you can put in your next post as it seems to be the only word you know tonight... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 03:37:26 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;624460
@Franko
Yes, I can read fine. Yes I saw that you addressed it to all mobile phone users (which I dont even own incidently), but despite that you made a comment on something that I was the only one to bring up. Ergo I responed.
As for my amiga, yes it has pissed me off so being that I have no income at the moment I considered selling it.  

Yes, clearly Im not in the best mood right now, so the obvious thing to do is antagonise a person when there's obviously something that's upsetting them.

Thought you were in wee bit of a mood tonight, reckoned by now you'd have realised that the kind of posts I make like that one are as I've said before "not to be taken seriously"... :)

Anywhoo... I'll leave you alone now and hope your in a better mood tomorrow... ;)

PS:best time to antagonise someone is when their peed off, makes for some pretty interesting and amusing reading... :)