Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So what phone does everyone use?  (Read 12010 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: So what phone does everyone use?
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »
Quote from: Cammy;624253
I don't use phones at all so I've just got a plain, cheap digital camera to take photos with and never have to pay bills to keep using it. I've got IRC and MSN to keep in touch with the people I know, and a netbook for portability if for some reason I want to be bothered when I'm not at home.

That's interesting, and old colleague of mine has between completely deaf since birth and using SMS from his mobile phone made life so much easier for him.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 12:24:28 PM »
Quote from: Franko;624255
@ Kesa

Oi... numpty where's the option for those of us who would never be daft enough to use a mobile phone even if we were paid to do so... ;(

PS:As your head of the Pancakes.org group here where's the Pancakes option too... :(

(You've really fecked this poll up... :D)

@ Nicholas

WOW... that's the first time I've ever heard of a mobile phone being put to good use... :)

Whatever you do, don't read the letter in this months Computer Music magazine from a musician who had a major stroke leaving him with permanent physical disabilities and unable to use his equipment any more.

The iPad has enabled him to make music once more!
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;624261
Nice story, have you a link? :)

It's on the first page of this months letters section mate.

Covert phone photography in WHSmith's at lunch? ;)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 03:51:35 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;624268
I actually have no comeback to that... If you ever venture to the UK, we'll have to throw an a.org party... Be good to meet a few more A.orgers :)

Curry night attendance by your good self is long overdue Matthew!

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »
Quote from: Franko;624337
PS: if you have no landline how do you connect to the net ???

Only morons use copper lines for their net access, the rest of us use fiber-optic cable or HSDPA/4G/WiMax Frank! ;)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »
Quote from: fryguy;624323
I got an Orange San Francisco (aka ZTE Blade) now, but i'll be getting a Samsung Galaxy S soon hopefully.

My HD2 (Which was running Gingerbread 2.3.3) was stolen recently so I'm using an el-cheapo Blade which is also running 2.3.3 until my contract is due for renewal in September.

Dual-core Tegra based model for me when that time comes methinks. :)

Offline nicholas

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 10:53:19 AM »
Quote from: Xanxi;624775
I have the Android phone HTC Magic. Great phone that suits well my needs for GMail and Google Maps. However, the agenda is crap with Google so i still carry my old Palm for that.
I bought the phone with Android 1.6. Then Google has thrown the 2.1 update and it has become slow unfortunately. I may buy a faster HTC Android phone in a few months.

Google for z4root, install and run it, Reboot.
Install ROM Manager from the market and use it to install ClockworkMod Recovery, then use it to download and install a 2.2/2.3 ROM + Google Apps.

It will back up your old ROM so it's safe.