Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Creating games with Backbone - Step by Step for beginners!  (Read 38090 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
Re: Creating games with Backbone - Step by Step for beginners!
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:43:31 AM »
I am wondering if backbone are capable of doing the following things:

1) Have a dialog box appear: http://media.indiedb.com/cache/images/games/1/16/15041/thumb_620x2000/rpg_dialog_box.png

Where I can use it to have the hero talk, or you talk to an NPC or something like that.

2) Capable to have keys and doors are opened by a certain key you own

3) To have a liver and when I switch the liver that door opens or porticolus etc.

4) If I am rescuing someone, have that someone follow me until I put that someone at a certain point where that someone automatically moves to the exit. Ones that someone reaches the exit and exit the level I win that level.

5) If that someone is following and a monster hit him/her he/she loses HP and if he/she dies, you die and need to restart the level

6) Have monster AI be smart enough to climb up or down the stair case

7) When the monster see you, it tries to catch you to kill you and if you run away from it and climb stairs, it climb stairs too to following. If you exist a certain range from it, it no longer chases you.

8) Have the ability to have teleporters to teleport you at a certain point in the level, the monsters can use it too

9) When you fall a certain height you die, and if you fall less than that but still damaging you lose HP

10) Have the ability to open an inventory system so you can use the items and interact with them in your level

11) Be able to do quest to NPC. Such as the NPC want me to pick something up or kill something and if I do it, that NPC either give me hints via dialog box or give me items I can use in the game

12) Be able to use different type of weapons and collect them in my inventory, and the graphics for these weapons change accordingly.

13) Be able to set my own music and sound effect

14) Be able to push barrel or box or so forth.

15) Have a machine belt that if you drop on it or drop an object on it, the belt will move it on the direction it is headed.

16) If the object falls on a monster (I specify which object) that object kills the monster

17) Have platform that take you up and down or left and right

18) If the platform raise you so high up and you hit the ceiling and it still push you up, you die because you get squished for example

19) Ability to save your game if you want or enter password to start on that certain point in the level

20) The editor provide me some sort of click and play script

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
Re: Creating games with Backbone - Step by Step for beginners!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »
Quote from: carvedeye;721976
That looks great, look forward to it being finished :)

I still do not understand however about the editor and what limitations to expect.

Can I do the following with it?:

1) Have build in click and play events
2) Be able to have an NPC talk to you and ask for a specific items in order to pass or a door or force field etc?
3) Have different colored doors that are locked requiring keys with the same colored as the door to unlock them (using events)
4) Have teleportation event
5) Be able to combine items to make one item
6) Be able to do different AI for monsters
7) Can I have the character die or lose HP based on the height he fall from?
8) What if I want to make a level where I need to collect certain NPC to follow me and have to take them safely to the exit while making sure the monsters don't kill them or harm, is this something I can do?