Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone watch Primer?  (Read 2819 times)

Description:

Offline KesaTopic starter

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Anyone watch Primer?
« on: September 25, 2013, 06:03:41 AM »
So has anyone else watched Primer? Apparently this movie is rated high on many SciFi lists as one of the best SciFi movies around. It is noted as being incredibly complex and apparently it needs to be watched several times to be fully appreciated. So a few days ago i watched it expecting something great.

Am i the only one who found it simpistic and easy to understand? I didn't need to watch it several times to understand it. I think it was good how they didn't go overboard with exposition as it didn't need it and i like how they didn't dumb down the technobable as most other tech movies do.

A few good ideas like using non glorified props and having it based in everyday suburbia. But my gripe is that it wasn't nearly as complicated as everyone said it would be first time around - after i watched it i read the plot details about the story and also read trivia about the movie and found i didn't miss anything. My opinion is it was a complicated storyline but nowhere as confusing as Terminator SJC. I definitely recommend this movie to everyone here.

What did everyone else think?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline SysAdmin

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Re: Anyone watch Primer?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:22:31 PM »
I watched it back in 2006, good movie.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
Re: Anyone watch Primer?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »
I watched it a few weeks ago on a friend's suggestion.  He saw I liked Slaghterhouse 5 and told me I'd like this one as well.

Like you, I thought it was good but not overly mind bending.  I liked the theory behind it and the story was good.  My main concern was the fact that they spent so much on trying to be heroes in one area and complete slime in another.

I don't want to give anything away, hence the ambiguity but I really did like it.  It had a very well thought out premise and and the take on it was realistic.

I haven't seen his other movie yet but the same friend said it is good to.  It's is also on Netflix and called Upstream Color.
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?