Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First News about Pegasos 2  (Read 5827 times)

Description:

Offline Psy

• Show only replies by Psy
Re: The Money out-of-thin-air mentality?
« Reply #89 from previous page: June 06, 2003, 07:18:20 PM »
So -- if the sales price of the Peg2 is as advised --- what (if any) did they do about:
«1» The money spent on April1 and April2?
«2» The money spent on the re-design of their motherboard?
«3» The money spent on Software design for their new motherboard?
«3» The money spent on changing their production line?
But none of that comes under production cost that is R&D and setup cost.  As long as they have a profit per board what is the big deal?

For all you know they could be planning to make it up later with more sales.

What ever their plan it is pointless to argue about it since we don't have that info.

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
Re: The Money out-of-thin-air mentality?
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2003, 09:04:33 PM »
vortexau,

Starting your post out with "greenboy admitted"???... Cub reporter, huh? - anxious to squeeze a big exposé out.

Well. greenboy did NOT "admit"... greenboy offered - offered with pride in the information, pride that we got past what turned out to be a piece of crap, that we could move on, having made lemonade with a lemon - and now going for a flavor considerably more sophisticated.

I guess the cub reporter was inferring that Marvell chip cost more, so therefore Peg II MUST be a loss leader. Har... Har... ;  }  If not a reporter, one could easily imagine a new lawyer prancing around a courtroom oblivious that his presentation of "evidence" was looking scantier than victoria's secret - and that he maybe should have looked at some other cases before assuming the cost of a better component and good pricing would therefore add up to a loss leader.

Then you trot out a list of things that to the best of my knowledge are not all things that are on the new motherboard. I know April1 and April2 are not. Here's another thing that was NOT mentioned that you may want to add to your list of expenditures and overhead, that also is not on the new motherboard:

Yes - Genesi got extensive new offices recently! The offices have some new furniture and furnishings and there are some new computers too, I think. And they put new toilet paper in all the bathrooms too.

"- Sidebar!" says the judge, "What the hell does that have to do with Pegasos II being or not being a loss leader?"

And so it goes ;  }
<-- greenboy ---<<<<