Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: £336.80  (Read 1085 times)

Description:

Offline X-rayTopic starter

• Show only replies by X-ray
£336.80
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:46:09 PM »
Okay, I got a bit of a ball-ache here and it involves the sum of £336 (and 80 of the UK's nastiest pennies).

Here's the deal: I document all my withdrawals and all my credits into my current account by using the program Money (on my PC). Before I got my first PC I was doing that with Homebank on the Amiga. There is no problem with the Amiga records: they match my statements perfectly and I don't need to refer to those again.
The problem I have relates to the Money records, which go back to September 2002. I have the hardcopy statements from my bank, covering the same period, all the way back to 2002. The balance on that account is identical on the Money and the physical statement side, for that first month, but it is out by £336.80 for this month (65 bank statement pages later).
So I compared the first ten statements with the same time period in Money, and they match. I compared the last ten statements with the same time period in Money and they also match (the amount is out by £336.80 all the way through).
So this screw-up (on my part, obviously) happened somewhere between page 29 and 95 of my bank statement time period. Money says I have less than the bank does, so at least it means I haven't been screwed by anyone other than myself.
I tried the quick way of scanning the credit column of all the statement pages for the magic total of £336 (and 80 of the lippiest pennies around) but no such total was found. Then I tried to find a cheque that I might have written to somebody for that amount and which they might not have cashed yet, but there was no such total.

So here I sit, contemplating going through a load of statements and painstakingly matching paper totals to screen. And I'm trying to think of the best way to find this missing amount (which now seems to be composed of at least 2 totals).

Any tips? Because trawling through 45 pages will suck big time and it will mean I just got shafted by this heinous £336 (and the most wicked 80 pennies known to man).

Please meditate for me and tell me which page to look on, to find the missing money  :-P

Offline CannonFodder

• Show only replies by CannonFodder
Re: £336.80
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 07:21:48 PM »
£336.80

I thought this thread was gonna be about how much you had just bought a Nintendo Wii for on eBay! :lol:

I paid £321 for mine just this afternoon.
People are hostile to what they do not understand - Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib(AS)

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 07:25:01 PM »
Hehe
Actually, I am tempted to get a Wii. What is your impression of it? What games have you got?

Offline CannonFodder

• Show only replies by CannonFodder
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 07:49:14 PM »

X-ray wrote:
Hehe
Actually, I am tempted to get a Wii. What is your impression of it? What games have you got?

Bought it on eBay this afternoon, will get it in the next couple of days hopefully.

It only came with Wii Sports, but I will probably buy Super Monkey Ball and Need for Speed Carbon once it arrives.

I'll post a mini-review when it comes too.
People are hostile to what they do not understand - Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib(AS)

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 08:07:22 PM »
X-ray wrote:
Please meditate for me and tell me which page to look on, to find the missing money  :-P

Stuff that, just go and spend £336.80 on something and "forget" to update your Money records!

A few ideas:
* BIG pub crawl for you plus friends
* Donate it to A.org!
* Donate it to me!  :-)
* Buy half a 68060 accelerator from eBay!  :-D

- Ali

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »
 :lol:

Offline adz

• Knight of the Sock
    • Show only replies by adz
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 09:31:53 PM »
Click "File" followed by "New" and start again :-P

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 09:42:52 PM »
Noooooooooooooooooooooo  :-(  :cry:

Offline metalman

• Show only replies by metalman
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 04:12:33 AM »
@X-ray

try scanning for the amount 168.40 (credit recorded as debit)

otherwise you must compare each monthly ending balance ...

Lan astaslem
The Peacemaker

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 09:52:55 AM »
@ metalman

That was a good idea, I didn't think of that. But sadly there is no such amount.
I am going to have to trawl through it all now. The problem with checking balances at set intervals is that many of the dates of the deposits and withdrawals don't match when comparing the statements to the Money list. The reason for this is because I record transactions in Money on the day that they are done. I do quite a few online transactions and cheques too. I didn't want to simply copy statement contents into Money, I wanted an independent way of checking what's going on with my funds.

Oh well, looks like I got no alternative but to do it the hard way.

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 12:03:32 PM »

X-ray wrote:
Hehe

A mate brought his to work yesterday, and I have to say it's hillarius as a multi-player console. Even our CEO came out of his office to play a round of golf. :-P
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline InTheSand

• Show only replies by InTheSand
    • http://www.ali.geek.nz
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 07:19:28 PM »
It does look fun!

Anyone tried it with older Gamecube cames yet? I'm semi-tempted to upgrade!

- Ali

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
Ja, you don't need fancy graphics to have a good time. Look at the Eye Toy for example. Have you ever seen someone playing that and not wanted to laugh? I have to admit I had many a fun time with the Eye Toy for PS2.
The only thing is the Wii controller is an alien concept to me, so I want to hear from dudes actually using it, how it works.

Offline Tigger

• Show only replies by Tigger
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 10:53:00 PM »
Check Page 54.
    -Tig
Well you know I am scottish, so I like sheep alot.
     -Fleecy Moss, Gateway 2000 show

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 08:00:01 AM »

X-ray wrote:
Ja, you don't need fancy graphics to have a good time. Look at the Eye Toy for example. Have you ever seen someone playing that and not wanted to laugh? I have to admit I had many a fun time with the Eye Toy for PS2.
The only thing is the Wii controller is an alien concept to me, so I want to hear from dudes actually using it, how it works.

It takes a while to get used too, but once you get the hang of it, it's extremely easy.

I didn't try any Gamecube games; however, the NES-emulation was flawless. The legend of Zelda is still awesome! :-)

When it comes to the graphics, then I'd say it's more than enough. It looks better than the GC's graphics (anyone claiming that Wii can't push pixels don't know what they are talking aboot), and unless you're playing on a 52" plasma TV, you won't have reason to complain about the resolution.
Beating the dead horse since 2002.