Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone drive a hybrid?  (Read 6996 times)

Description:

Offline Hyperspeed

• Show only replies by Hyperspeed
Re: Anyone drive a hybrid?
« Reply #74 from previous page: March 22, 2007, 03:20:58 AM »
by Fats:
I'm now driving my Honda Civic Hybrid for almost two months and I really like the it (especially the CVT). The mileage is not very spectacular though (a little bit above 6l/100km) but I think is good for a car this size.

Is that 6 Litres per 100km? If so I'm making that 46 miles per UK gallon. That's not bad at all, especially as you can use electric as well!

I've heard of a lot of talk that Ford are researching a 60mpg Focus but I can't see how they can do that with such a heavy car. The SMART does 60-75mpg I believe.

Where did you buy the Civic Hybrid, how much was it (cars are generally 30% more in the UK) and what does it look like?

:-)

by Dandy:
Yes - two years ago I sold my car and ever since then use my own two feet, ride my bycicle, go by train, tram or bus.

I do the same but an environmentally friendly car would be a useful thing to have as a backup!

:-D

Offline Fats

• Show only replies by Fats
Re: Anyone drive a hybrid?
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2007, 10:04:29 PM »

Hyperspeed wrote:

Is that 6 Litres per 100km? If so I'm making that 46 miles per UK gallon. That's not bad at all, especially as you can use electric as well!

Yes it is. I'm still below 2000 miles and I've read on the net the the mileage improves during 'break-in' period even upto 10000 miles. My experience upto now seems to confirm that. Also during summer mileage should be better.

Where did you buy the Civic Hybrid, how much was it (cars are generally 30% more in the UK)

A local Honda dealer (in Belgium almost all cars are sold by brand specific garages). The list price is 22900EUR here in Belgium plus a few hundred EUR for metallic color. I got 6 or 7% off and from the Belgian state I will receive 3% more because of the low CO2 emission of the car. For a Toyota Prius you would get 15% but then it would still be more expensive and I like the Honda more.
This price includes several options:
- air conditioning
- MP3 car stereo with 6 CD loader
- front seat heating
- cruise control
- traction control
- CVT

I'm sure you can find a good picture on the net :)

greets,
Staf.
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing