Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ctrl-C handling issues  (Read 4254 times)

Description:

Offline MinuousTopic starter

Re: Ctrl-C handling issues
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 16, 2011, 06:46:01 AM »
@x303:

>Btw I thought you developed AA with Stormc (looking at the code). Why bother with sas/c ???

No, the release builds are built with SAS/C. In theory it is supposed to be compilable with StormC but I have not tried this with any recent version. IIRC I ran into some StormC code generation bugs. Report+ and Handy are built with StormC but the rest of my software is built with SAS/C.

>Ran the latest version of it (16.02) and found no problem with CTRL-C. It says 'Quitting.' and exits the program normally.

The actual scenario to reproduce the behaviour is this: Start AmiArcadia from WB. Switch to Galaxia. Turn on "Log inefficient code". Activate the resulting console window. Press Ctrl-C. About three-quarters of the time it says "Quitting" and quits cleanly, the other quarter of the time it is getting intercepted by SAS/C and the "** User Abort Requested **" comes up.

@Ismart/ChaosLord:

>Are you using your own startup code?

No.

>I propose that ur prob is caused by: you have some sort of nonstandard Shell or Console device installed. Or you have some evil hack installed (MCP, etc.) that is causing the problem.
>Try it on a "virgin Workbench".

OK, disabled everything in WBStartup, also disabled KingCON. Same behaviour occurs.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:17:36 PM by Minuous »

Offline Leffmann

• Show only replies by Leffmann
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »
Specify DEFINE @__chkabort=@__dummy in the .lnk file, or just select NoChkAbort in the linker options via SCOptions.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 12:02:15 PM »
Yeah, tried that too, but no good.
  In the whole scheme of things, it's only a minor problem; I will just advise the users not to send any Ctrl-C to the console window.

Offline Leffmann

• Show only replies by Leffmann
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
FWIW, this works every time to either suppress or replace CTRL+C when I run it on my 6.58

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 04:54:02 AM »
OK, I'll check it out. Thanks.