Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: G'day from Adelaide  (Read 11446 times)

Description:

Offline djosTopic starter

• Show only replies by djos
    • http://users.adam.com.au/djorlc/
Re: G'day from Adelaide
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 12:21:47 AM »
Quote from: cameng;696107
As I write this I am looking at the river (8 acres absolute river frontage:) or should I go and do some work in the shed, go fishing or open up my newly acquired A2000 and see what goodies are inside.

So jealous right now as I'm standing at a railway station waiting for a train with 0 motivation and too much work I know I need to do when I arrive at the office! :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem

Offline MelbourneBen

• Show only replies by MelbourneBen
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 02:10:31 AM »
Quote from: djos;696106
Yeah I found some refs to an Adelaide Amiga group too but the site hadn't been updated In years from what I could tell.

Amusingly enuf I used to work for Adam Internet as their Customer Delivery manager and that company was born out of a bbs for the ADelaide AMiga user group. :D

Somewhere close to the city would certainly be the most central location for all, initially we could get the ball rolling by meeting at a pub like the Tap inn over some snitzel's and beer and throw around some ideas for the location of an actual user group meet?

Yeah I heard about the Adelaide Amiga (Adam) beginnings, interesting stuff ;-) Someone also mentioned the Phoenix board for the A1000, I recently learnt that was built/designed in a small office just off the Anzac Highway in Keswick.

The Tap inn would be good for me, how about a Friday night after work? Shall we pencil in the 13th of July? Is that date/time ok with other Adelaide people?
Amiga 500 user

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 02:18:50 AM »
Quote from: MelbourneBen;696112
The Tap inn would be good for me, how about a Friday night after work? Shall we pencil in the 13th of July? Is that date/time ok with other Adelaide people?

I'll have to check with the Minister for Social Affairs (aka the Wife) but that should be ok. :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Amiga 1200 w/ ACA1220 16Mhz 128MB w/ RTC, 4GB CF-HDD, Roland MT-32 MIDI Synthesiser
Amiga 500 w/ KS2.05, 1Mb Chip-Ram, CF-IDE w/4MB Fast-Ram, FDD Boot Selector, HxC RevC Floppy emulator
Commodore 64 w/ 1541 Ultimate-II inc Tape Adapter, JiffyDOS, 1541 Disk Drive, 1531 Datasette, Flyer Net Modem

Offline cameng

• Show only replies by cameng
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 04:59:12 AM »
Quote from: MelbourneBen;696112
Yeah I heard about the Adelaide Amiga (Adam) beginnings, interesting stuff ;-) Someone also mentioned the Phoenix board for the A1000, I recently learnt that was built/designed in a small office just off the Anzac Highway in Keswick.

I have a Phoenix add on board (RAM and ROM I think) for my A1000. I wonder if that was made there? Did somebody say Pub? I will see if I can make it, maybe later that night due to travel time.
:drink:

Offline MelbourneBen

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 05:47:58 AM »
Quote from: cameng;696128
I have a Phoenix add on board (RAM and ROM I think) for my A1000. I wonder if that was made there? Did somebody say Pub? I will see if I can make it, maybe later that night due to travel time.

Good stuff, so we have 3 for the first meeting so far! ;-)

I think all Phoenix boards were made there. I have a stack of old Australian Amiga mags and its interesting to see the amount of parts that were made in Australia, from RAM boards through to Joypads. We dont see that so much these days :(
Amiga 500 user

Offline Haranguer

• Show only replies by Haranguer
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 06:21:08 AM »
Make that 4.  I'm in Redwood Park.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:02 AM »
Quote from: AmmoJammo;696019
sounds like an Adelaide meet may be in order, up to 4 active South Australian members so far, any others?

Yep. I am from there originally but now living in Newcastle. I would attend your meeting but can't get there so count me out  :(  

But i have a great idea for you guys when you meet. You can paint the giant silver ball in Rundle Mall red and white and find a way to detach it and then turn it into a real life boing ball! But you will have to be VERY drunk to make this work well. And don't forget to take photos or make a video of it as proof. Think of it as your initiation and - I have to go me potatoes are about to burn! brb...
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 11:10:37 AM »
LOl, thats sounds like fun!

Chap's, my minister for social affairs and handbag collecting has advised we have a pretty full weekend this weekend so how about Friday the 22nd for our meet instead?

Offline Epsilon_

• Crazy about Amigas
    • Show only replies by Epsilon_
    • http://amigax1000.blogspot.com.au
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 02:33:05 PM »
Quote from: AmmoJammo;696019
sounds like an Adelaide meet may be in order, up to 4 active South Australian members so far, any others?

Hi All,

I live in Adelaide too! Lived here on and off for almost 25 years now...

I have been a member at Amigaworld.net for a long while and I check Amiga.org website from time to time - only time to post in one place really though so it has always been Amigaworld.net....sorry amiga.org!

Saw some fellow South Australian Amiga users pop up here in the last few days so thought I should sign up to Amiga.org so I could say hello and introduce myself!

As I said before I am from Adelaide, Australia, and I have and still own  many and various Amiga (and other) hardware!

I started using Amiga's in  1988 when I helped my Perth High School's Art department setup an Amiga 1000! My  first Amiga was an Amiga 500 in late 1988.

Since then I have owned pretty  much every Amiga out there except a CDTV...

I have started keeping a blog on the AmigaOne X1000. If anyone is interested, it is at http://amigax1000.blogspot.com.au/

At one stage I was part of an  Amiga demo group called "The Experience", and we released our last AGA demo  "Terminal" in 1998. I think it is available on pouet.net if you are interested!  My handle was "Epsilon", hence my name! My avatar came from  our long closed Experience website which I used to run. I went to Coven in 1996, and 1997. If you were there I was the guy playing all the Amiga 1200 AGA demos all night...

At the moment my  main completed Amiga hardware is AmigaOne X1000 (my pride and joy), Amiga 4000T/060, Amiga 4000D/PPC-060, Amiga  1200/060, Amiga 2000/030, CD32, eMac (MorphOS 3.0) and a Minimig. I currently play around with Kryoflux Amiga write  support (since reading about it in Amiga Future) and it works great!

I  guess this qualifies me as an Amiga Geek!

Look forward to seeing you all around in  the forums either here or at Amigaworld.net.

Catcha,
Epsilon

Please check out my various blogs:
Amiga:  AmigaX1000.blogspot.com.au
Trains: InterestingTrains.blogspot.com.au

Instagram: Epsilon's Instagram
[/SIZE]

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 10:15:32 PM »
Awesome stuff, welcome epsilon! :)

Offline MelbourneBen

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 11:48:47 PM »
Quote from: djos;696143
LOl, thats sounds like fun!

Chap's, my minister for social affairs and handbag collecting has advised we have a pretty full weekend this weekend so how about Friday the 22nd for our meet instead?

Hi mate, yes - I can do the 22nd but can't have a late one as got daugthers christening that weekend. How is the 22nd for everyone else?
Amiga 500 user

Offline MelbourneBen

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 11:51:28 PM »
Quote from: Epsilon_;696164
Hi All,

I live in Adelaide too! Lived here on and off for almost 25 years now...

I have been a member at Amigaworld.net for a long while and I check Amiga.org website from time to time - only time to post in one place really though so it has always been Amigaworld.net....sorry amiga.org!

Saw some fellow South Australian Amiga users pop up here in the last few days so thought I should sign up to Amiga.org so I could say hello and introduce myself!

As I said before I am from Adelaide, Australia, and I have and still own  many and various Amiga (and other) hardware!

I started using Amiga's in  1988 when I helped my Perth High School's Art department setup an Amiga 1000! My  first Amiga was an Amiga 500 in late 1988.

Since then I have owned pretty  much every Amiga out there except a CDTV...

I have started keeping a blog on the AmigaOne X1000. If anyone is interested, it is at http://amigax1000.blogspot.com.au/

At one stage I was part of an  Amiga demo group called "The Experience", and we released our last AGA demo  "Terminal" in 1998. I think it is available on pouet.net if you are interested!  My handle was "Epsilon", hence my name! My avatar came from  our long closed Experience website which I used to run. I went to Coven in 1996, and 1997. If you were there I was the guy playing all the Amiga 1200 AGA demos all night...

At the moment my  main completed Amiga hardware is AmigaOne X1000 (my pride and joy), Amiga 4000T/060, Amiga 4000D/PPC-060, Amiga  1200/060, Amiga 2000/030, CD32, eMac (MorphOS 3.0) and a Minimig. I currently play around with Kryoflux Amiga write  support (since reading about it in Amiga Future) and it works great!

I  guess this qualifies me as an Amiga Geek!

Look forward to seeing you all around in  the forums either here or at Amigaworld.net.

Catcha,
Epsilon

Good to hear from you Epsilon, sounds like you have heaps of Amiga experience. Do you work in I.T. in Adelaide? Would you be interested in joining us for the meet? Would be good to have you onboard.
Amiga 500 user

Offline AmmoJammo

• Show only replies by AmmoJammo
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »
I work afternoons, so I'd be out for Friday "after work"

Plus I don't drink.

And I imagine the Tap Inn would be rather full on a Friday night..

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 01:28:25 AM »
Quote from: AmmoJammo;696218
I work afternoons, so I'd be out for Friday "after work"

Plus I don't drink.

And I imagine the Tap Inn would be rather full on a Friday night..

True, other good options are the café's on the parade at Norwood? There's a few that do decent pizza iirc and those that do want to have a beer can and the teetotallers hopefully wont feel out of place? :cool:

PS, prolly easier to talk at a cafe too as lower noise levels.

PSS, so tempted to ask how you get your fluid intake not drinking and all! :D ;)

Offline MelbourneBen

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 01:43:26 AM »
Quote from: djos;696219
True, other good options are the café's on the parade at Norwood? There's a few that do decent pizza iirc and those that do want to have a beer can and the teetotallers hopefully wont feel out of place? :cool:

PS, prolly easier to talk at a cafe too as lower noise levels.

PSS, so tempted to ask how you get your fluid intake not drinking and all! :D ;)

A pizza in Norwood sounds good to me. How about a weekday or weekend lunch time?

@AmmoJammo, I'm not a big drinker either, so your not alone ;-)
Amiga 500 user

« Reply #29 from previous page: June 13, 2012, 01:49:27 AM »
Quote from: MelbourneBen;696221
A pizza in Norwood sounds good to me. How about a weekday or weekend lunch time?

@AmmoJammo, I'm not a big drinker either, so your not alone ;-)

A weekend day for lunch or dinner would also work for me. :cool: