Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: *waves*  (Read 1870 times)

Description:

Offline Insidious611Topic starter

• Show only replies by Insidious611
*waves*
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:18:18 AM »
Hello all. I'm Insidious. I'm a 23 year old American male who was utterly unaware of the Amiga in the 90s, and have just recently in the past 10 years been experimenting with it in UAE, I've had great fun with Cannon Fodder and the Turrican series, and am looking to see if I can get my first Amiga hardware of my own sometime in the future. Unfortunately, I understand from researching that the PAL Amigas have the best selection of software and obviously being in America acquiring one of these seems to be either extremely expensive or out of reach! For this reason, I joined the forums so that I could express my interest in an FPGA Arcade board to do Minimig AGA with! If any extremely generous person in Massachusetts would like to give away an A500/A600/A1200 or part with one for somewhat cheap (I'm currently living on disability) I'd also be very interested! But I'm getting off track. In any case, hello Amiga.org!

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
Re: *waves*
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 05:31:46 AM »
Welcome!

I'm Darth_X

Lots of Star Wars fans here too!

LOL!

Offline Tension

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
Leave now while you still can.

Offline Gilthanaz

• Show only replies by Gilthanaz
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »
Quote from: Tension;655696
Leave now while you still can.

You keep telling that a lot of people. Did it ever work? :)

@Insidious:
Welcome!

- Gil

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:41:18 AM »
Quote from: Insidious611;655674
Hello all. I'm Insidious. I'm a 23 year old American male who was utterly unaware of the Amiga in the 90s, and have just recently in the past 10 years been experimenting with it in UAE, I've had great fun with Cannon Fodder and the Turrican series, and am looking to see if I can get my first Amiga hardware of my own sometime in the future. Unfortunately, I understand from researching that the PAL Amigas have the best selection of software and obviously being in America acquiring one of these seems to be either extremely expensive or out of reach! For this reason, I joined the forums so that I could express my interest in an FPGA Arcade board to do Minimig AGA with! If any extremely generous person in Massachusetts would like to give away an A500/A600/A1200 or part with one for somewhat cheap (I'm currently living on disability) I'd also be very interested! But I'm getting off track. In any case, hello Amiga.org!

welcome Insidious611!

and, if i were you, i would learn how to setup/edit the ignore list first! ;-)

there are a lot a valuable people over here, others a bit less.

Offline nOw2

• Show only replies by nOw2
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:20:07 PM »
Hello all. I'm Insidious.

adj. proceeding with harmful effects.
Really? :-/

Unfortunately, I understand from researching that the PAL Amigas have the best selection of software
99.9% of cases you can switch modes in software to get most of the worst such software to work. Don't worry about PAL/NTSC.

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »
Quote from: Framiga;655698
welcome Insidious611!

and, if i were you, i would learn how to setup/edit the ignore list first! ;-)

there is an ignore list? :-D