Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One year back with Amiga  (Read 1049 times)

Description:

Offline DiskDoctorTopic starter

• Show only replies by DiskDoctor
One year back with Amiga
« on: January 18, 2010, 12:52:45 PM »
Hi,

I decided to post this in this very forum.  I'd like to share with my experience, since being back an Amigan for a year now.

A year ago (and two days) I subscribed to this very portal.  Approximately a month before I'd learned there are still some Amiga systems developed actively and supported.  Then I had to do my homework - many things happend in Amigaland for these 15 years when i wasn't there.

I shortly got myself AmigaForever, then AmiKit and AmigaSYS workbench emulation.  Shortly after Symbian UAE4All popped up, wasn't supported on my phone but I got myself a new mobile in the summer so now I bear UAE with myself.

In autumn I ended up in MorphOS on my Mini (I was short in funds so couldn't afford PPC HW, fortunately I was having a PPC mini already).  Now I try to sit more and more on my MorphOS, tuning it.  Also I plan to do some development (spreadsheet) but the library I'm using isn't mature enough (PyMUI).  I see myself more in NG-world because I see both AmigaOS4.1 and MorphOS2.4 are viable to be substitute oses in say two years (at least competitive to Linux or ChromeOS).  My thumbs are up for AmigaOne X1000.

I still enjoy classic arcade, plan to get minimig and either Sam or X1000 but next year.  This year I invested too much in myself so I have to wait, fortunately I am a MorphOS user already.  I am also a member of aw.net and mozone.

Computing is fun again :lol:

Thanks all for ideas, suggestions and all support.
Was: Mac Mini PPC running MorphOS 2.4
Now: Amiga Forever 2010 with AmiKit and AmigaSYS
Not used: Icaros Desktop 1.2 (reason: no wifi)
Planned soon: an OS4 system
Shortly then: a MOS notebook (wifi is a must-have)

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
Re: One year back with Amiga
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »
yep I hear ya! been having a blast with OS4.1 Update 1 on my Samflex and the recent port of Blender to AmigaOS is just stunning...soon we will get FireFox (aka TimberWolf) ...life is exciting nowadays in AmigaLand since Hyperion won that damn long lawsuit :-)
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel: