Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newbie from Idaho  (Read 893 times)

Description:

Offline DarwinTopic starter

• Show only replies by Darwin
Newbie from Idaho
« on: November 20, 2007, 03:41:30 AM »
Now that I have the time to play, it is good to findout there are playmates in the neighborhood.  I entered the ranks of the retired a few weeks ago, and finally have time to play with the toys I've been setting aside for this time.  My first "computer" was a 4K computer add on for the family Intellivision system (which I still have boxed up in the basement).  That was followed by a C-64, then my stepdaughter got us an A-600.  Being thoroughly hooked by the comparative power of the Amiga compared with IBM XT and Apple, I splurged for an A-2000, and have been collecting things Commodore ever since.  I presently have a storage room filled with goodies I will start setting up again as soon as I get my shop building finished.  Since it has been a while since my last Amiga session, I will likely be leaning on the group considerably when I try bringing my babies back to life....including such oddities as a Commodore PC clone (if memory serves, I think it was called a Commodore Colt), the executive version of the C-64, Commodore PET, along with a small assortment of Ataris (including a 4-meg ST)and Trash 80s.  Sinclair never really got onto this side of the pond, so I'm missing one of those...but do have a couple of emulator programs.  Another month or two and the computer room in the shop building should be usable and I'll start screaming for help...until then, I'll just lurk around a bit.

Offline Dragster

• Show only replies by Dragster
Re: Newbie from Idaho
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 04:00:07 AM »
Welcome to Amiga.org! Enjoy your stay :-D

cheers,

D.
Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 05:38:04 AM »
I'll just lurk around a bit.

I lurked around a bit for like 6 years before making an account.  :oops:
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline trekiej

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 06:01:59 AM »
Greetings from Texas.
I hope you enjoy the stay.
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline rkauer

• Show only replies by rkauer
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 06:42:16 AM »
 Hmmmmm....

Idaho...

Do you like B52's? That's related to Amiga too: the A500 motherboard is called "Rock Lobster", the A600 mobo is called "Channel Z".

And you can be called "Private Idaho". :-D

Sorry for the joke. Welcome to Amiga.org.
Goodbye people.

I\'ll pop on from time to time, RL is acting up.