Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: null modem tranfer + noob = help needed please  (Read 989 times)

Description:

Offline dumbassTopic starter

• Show only replies by dumbass
null modem tranfer + noob = help needed please
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »
afternoon all. don't normally write threads but i think im gonna need lots of help!!

had an a500 when we were kids and have just got hold of an a1200 with nowt but a power supply, quickshot joystick and 2 screws holding it together. the story so far...

.. aquired a copy of workbench 3.0 (kickstart is 3.1) but 'install' disk is missing. I have a 15gb hdd which i have successfully inserted and i need to, um, install it. theres more...

.. bought a null modem cable from the same people i bought workbench from but cant seem to get it working correctly(??)

have installed amiga explorer to test and have followed the instructions. here is where it gets stuck

typed; 'type ser: to ram:setup' and click ok on xp. all goes well, but when i type the 'rx ram:setup' th screen shows the following;

ARexx Version 1.15
copyright blah blah
all right blah
Command returned 5/1: program not found.

..now, here my logic; if sending the file returned no errors and the rx command cant 'find' the 'program', is the 'progam' it sent become corrupt during transfer or am i getting ahead of myself?

any help greatfully received. ps; if anyone has an old accel board thier, er, bored with let me know
revenge isn\\\'t the answer, but it\\\'ll do

Offline meega

• Show only replies by meega
Re: null modem tranfer + noob = help needed please
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 04:55:16 PM »
Is there a file called "setup" actually in the RAM Disk?

And welcome to A.org.
:)