Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'nother new user  (Read 1330 times)

Description:

Offline rossi46Topic starter

• Show only replies by rossi46
    • http://segasaturngroup.proboards81.com/index.cgi?
'nother new user
« on: December 10, 2005, 10:31:39 PM »
I'm retro game crazy, 37 and in the UK. Mad about bikes, own a VTR100SP1 (or RC51 to you septics :-P ) Just come into posession of A500, 600 and have an A1200 on the way, bought on Ebay. My brother and I shared an A500 back in the day but he got far more into it than me. Now years later, I've bought a few Amiga Format Magazines from Ebay, and found this site through a Google search for a tower to stick my A1200 in.

Be gentle with the new guy, eh? :-)

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: 'nother new user
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 11:01:30 PM »
Welcome :pint:

Do you really want to tower up a 1200? I mean it depends on how far you want to expand it.

After I towered mine, it wasn't long before the novelty wore off and I fancied another wedge machine. Of course, towering the one I had was a sensible move given the hardware I wanted to add to it, but still, you can't beat the original format :-)
int p; // A

Offline Red_Melons

• Show only replies by Red_Melons
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 11:16:45 PM »
Hi rossi46, welcome to Amiga.org.

Similar interests here - AmigaOne-XE, towered A1200/040 and Kawasaki ZZR1100D1 :-)

btw, I think you missed a zero from VTR1000SP1, or is that a new step-thru from Honda? ;-)

Offline rossi46Topic starter

• Show only replies by rossi46
    • http://segasaturngroup.proboards81.com/index.cgi?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 11:50:56 PM »
LOL  Hi guys

Ta for the welcoming replies.

I want to tower my 1200 because it's going to be set up in my living room beside my pc and I don't have a very understanding missus, thb, so it's gonna have to blend in as much as poss! I still havent found a cheap enough tower yet, so I,m still looking.

Red Melons: I think sometimes that I'd be better with a Honda step-thru rather than the unruly, unfriendly beast that the SP1 is. I guess I wasn't quite as ready to move up from my CBR as I thought..