Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Returning A4K user...  (Read 970 times)

Description:

Offline samanosukeTopic starter

• Show only replies by samanosuke
Returning A4K user...
« on: February 28, 2005, 08:24:08 PM »
Hola Amigans! I've made a few posts so I guess I should introduce myself. This is my third time I've been into the Amiga scene - I first had an A500 back in 1990 but gave up on it around 1994 as I was leaving school and at that age I was into other things like cider, pot and girls. Got back into the scene circa 1998 when I saw a copy of AF in a shop and nearly fell over at the sight of it. I bought it and was the proud owner of an A1200 a week later. I loved it so much that I sold my Playstation as I had no need for it and my first ever experience of the internet was through my A1200. I gave up on it after a while as my motherboard had dodgy timing and didn't work with an '040 board I bought. I bought another motherboard that still didn't work. Also, I had my A1200 in a Power Tower and eventually the '030 board I had (I never got the '040 working properly) would no longer work as the expansion slot packed up as the board was free to flap about in the tower. I was sick of incompatibilities so I ended up buying an A4000 which worked for a while but then packed up. Disillusioned with the wonderful Amiga computers I turned to Apple Mac and have bought them ever since as I much prefer them to Windows boxes especially now with OS-X. However, a few months back I decided to dust off the A4000 and try to get it working again. A bit of tinkering with the wobbly SIMM sockets and I was away and have since added a Zorro Powerflyer, an IOBlix board and a Cyberstorm Mk II '060 board with 128mb RAM to a Picasso IV equipped A4K '040. Now I love my Amiga - it's as stable as **** and can do whatever I throw at it. I still have my G4 for video playback/conversion and naughty things like file sharing and DVD burning. I mainly use my Miggy for gaming, especially high spec stuff like Earth 2140 and Quake, but I have also recently bought Image FX 4.5 which I want to get into. I want to make use of my lovely RTG display and meaty processor and being into photography I am looking forward to finding out what my Amiga has always been capable of but what I have for the most part ignored. I'm also looking for a copy of Photogenics too. Anyway, enough waffling, I am glad to be back!
My Amigas: A4000 w/CS Mk II \'060, Picasso IV, 128Mb, OS3.9
Stock A4000 040 w/16Mb, OS3.0

Offline K7HTH

• Show only replies by K7HTH
    • http://NewPeopleString.com
Re: Returning A4K user...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 08:50:56 PM »
¡Recepción detrás mi amigo!  :-D
Own the Web... Go PeopleString! It\'s Huge!!