Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Back To My Spiritual Home  (Read 1472 times)

Description:

Offline dominoTopic starter

• Show only replies by domino
    • http://www.noni-uk.co.uk
Back To My Spiritual Home
« on: September 25, 2004, 04:48:16 PM »
Hello There

I finally had to abandon the Amiga ship for commercial reasons about 3 or 4 years ago, but now I need to make use of some of the stuff that got left behind..

In particular I want to start using DPaint again as this had some great animation tools that I would find handy...

The A1200 and The A4000 have booted flawlessly after all this time and I'm now hoping to learn how to get various files transferred over to the PC .. With only a Floppy to work with...

Cheers
Dave    :-?

Offline blobrana

• Show only replies by blobrana
    • http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/blobrana/home.html
Re: Back To My Spiritual Home
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 06:33:27 PM »
Welcome,
 to the church of amiga.

It`s worth a look in the Amiga Emulation   forum...

Offline kd7ota

• Show only replies by kd7ota
    • http://www.qrz.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 06:35:16 PM »
An extremely hard method is using that pc0 thing that comes witht he workbench disks on 3.0, and then start copying over files on disk... It is hard, but ive done it before... :-(
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 08:47:26 PM »
... and make sure you format the floppy from the Amiga side because the latest versions of windows will only format to 1.44 MByte floppies.  For PC0: you need 720k dos format.

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 09:24:09 PM »
@domino

First, get Brilliance 2.0.............you will eventually throw DPaint in the garbage...Brilliance is Like DPaint Sooped Up!

To transfer files to a PC is easy.........if you have 720K disks (With one hole on the corner)  if it has 2 holes, then cover the hole with no switch, with some sort of tape but put a peice of paper in the hole to make it tight.........then format it using Windows 98 or 95 in 720k format or format it on the Amiga with CrossDOS. Make sure you put the PC0 icon in the storage drawer into the Workbench:Devs/Dosdrivers drawer and reboot or double click the PC0 icon.  Then walla!  you can transfer files............BUT

the better way is if you happen to have a PC laptop with PCMCIA ports..then just download Fat95.lha and CF.lha from Aminet for your Amiga, and now you will be able to read PCMCIA memory cards even up to 2Gigabyte cards!  now you can transfer tons of files in one go!

I have a 2Gigabyte PCMCIA memory card for my A600 and A1200 and it works beautifully. You can just get an 8 meg card since they are cheap.

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 12:30:28 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone... I'll have a look at the file transfers soon, but for now I`m just beginning to remember why I stuck with the Amiga right to the bitter end (then)... Some of the programmes are 10 years old and they still stack up now!... Final Writer, AdPro, Vidi .. I`ve been playing with them all...

It occurred to me if I can get the Amigas Online I could FTP the files on to my webspace and then download them on to the Pee Cee... Does that make sense, it seems too simple. I`ve got IBrowse, but I can`t remember what I used for FTP'ing

But that can wait till later because I`ve just found Chaos Engine... and need to get reaquainted with Thug..

Cheers for now.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 12:32:03 AM »
PS... checking out Brilliance as well. :oops:

Offline ShadesOfGrey

• Show only replies by ShadesOfGrey
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 01:16:25 AM »
FYI, Windows XP can still format 720KB floppies...  You just can't use the GUI applet to do it.  You have to use the command line and just type "format a:".
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, this message is not meant to affirm nor deny, defend nor offend any faction within the \\\'Amiga\\\' Community.

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 01:19:10 AM »

WindowsXP  

XP = Xtra Problems

:-) :-) :-)
CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...