Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: an ex who is returning  (Read 1103 times)

Description:

Offline pawn12Topic starter

• Show only replies by pawn12
an ex who is returning
« on: July 30, 2004, 10:39:58 AM »
hello all
I was one of those people who got an amiga 1200 (around 1997)due to being lazy, a computer that plugged in and just did the job, yes please. It was used to do college work as i had returned to further education at the time, and PC's were a good choice for a breakdown. wordworth, electronic workbench,some superb games like eye of the beholder 1 and 2 plus good old gloom/doom, and the superb dungeon master, and a printer (abc 24 pin)made up my computer world.
I towered what i had ( A1200,idefix 97,8meg memory upgrade and tower kit), moved location, got married, had a kid, became a PC user (sorry but it was good at the time).
Now after several years learning how to format, re-format, solve software and hardware issues, and occasionally give my pc a good kick, i have dug out my old friend and am trying to get that trusty 1200 online and working by networking through my pc in an attempt to get the best of both worlds.
I am no techie, and will most likely be asking questions that will appear stupid to some of you, so show a little patience please.
This is my first time at a forum, so if i sometimes don't follow etiquette then it's through ignorence and nothing else.
end of story, and my first post was answered and the old 1200 will soon be spinning up again.
thanks all
pawn12

Offline Brian

• Show only replies by Brian
    • http://www.syntaxsociety.se
Re: an ex who is returning
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 10:47:58 AM »
Welcome back then. :-)