Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whatcha Playin' in DosBOX?  (Read 3214 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Whatcha Playin' in DosBOX?
« on: December 04, 2011, 04:17:35 AM »
I have 8 gigs+ of dos games leeched off various dos abandonware games sites.

I just don't have any time to play them.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Whatcha Playin' in DosBOX?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 03:15:04 PM »
I agree with the previous poster, DOSBOX is just easier and better than keeping a real dos install or dos/win98 or earlier pc. You can run dosbox on windows,aros, macos,linux and more. So just keep a thumbdrive of your 8 or 16 gb dos partition and copy it accross all your machines.

I loved dos and used it more than anything else but amiga. I hated windows and being forced to use their ****ty gui, so I kept using dos for way longer than most folks. Remember, all the most powerful programs were written in dos longer after windows came around...  On my dos dependance it was a mixture of things, but mostly due to all the most powerful games andprograms running on it that made me lik it so much as well as my music needs. (Ft2's fault mostly) I even kept a windows 98 pc into xp/vista days just to run dos programs.

Dosbox made that need for a dedicated dos pc no longer necessary. It runs most games and applications beautifully.

On aros, its easy to find a 3ghz single or dual core machine that dosn't use sata but ide. To me, its worth a bit of time to get it working, even if I have to buy extra parts/motherboards whatever on ebay for a couple of bucks.

AROS is progressing beautifully and its fun to tinker with. It runs on anything (with ide I suppose) and an emu10k sblive, intel pro 100 network card and supported gpu accelerated video cards. (more options too but going this route is easiest)

Long live amiga, but dos too please for some things... :roflmao:

Steven