Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup  (Read 44431 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaMance

• Show all replies
Re: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup
« on: November 27, 2009, 06:10:06 AM »
PS:Have you tryed systempatch 3.3? It does a ton of speed up patches on AGA, and already includes iconbefast and blazewcp.

And FText. However, i have found that some of these patches perform a little faster than SystemPatch on 68020-68030 CPUs, according to AIBB benchmarks. Some SystemPatch routines are specially optimized for 68060, iirc, but work fine on all 020+ CPUs.

Yep I've heard about SystemPatch and it's another option but I prefer to choose which patches I'm applying

SystemPatch gives you complete control on which patches will be installed. It's important to skip the loadseg and intuition.library patches by adding -loadseg and nointuition.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 06:17:49 AM by AmigaMance »
A1200 PPC user.

Offline AmigaMance

• Show all replies
Re: How to create a fast (but stable) OS3.9 AGA setup
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 12:14:23 AM »
@amigadave
 Some observations:
1. There is no point to install IDEfix and scsi.device concurrenty. Remove scsi.device from the resident modules. If the IDEFix command won't work, use LoadIDE or read the blizkick.guide on how to convert it into a resident module.
 Alternatively, you can remove IDEFix and keep scsi.device.

2. Since you are using Loadmodule, why don't you just load all your modules with it? The setpatch line should become:
c:setpatch quiet noromupdate
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 12:27:59 AM by AmigaMance »
A1200 PPC user.