Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: new amiga tablets running andoid os...  (Read 9047 times)

Description:

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Re: new amiga tablets running andoid os...
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 12:21:07 AM »
You can shuffle rights and names, but you can't shuffle blame

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 12:32:40 AM »
Also from Bill's website

"COMMODORE USA ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF AMIGA EXCLUSIVE WORLDWIDE LICENSING RIGHTS"

http://www.amiga.com/news/2010-08-31-commodore-amiga-aio.php

And, "
LET'S TALK ABOUT                
http://www.amiga.com/sales/

Contact Bill. I'm sure he'll give you "exclusive rights" too.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 12:35:39 AM »
Quote from: runequester;629800
You can shuffle rights and names, but you can't shuffle blame

Tell them that. Morally I agree, but I seem to remember Amiga Inc during the era of fake^h^h^h^h CEO Garry Hare mentioning that Amiga Inc was a totally different company and had no obligations to past debts.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline Plaz

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 12:43:29 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;629765
Wow, Mr. Bill steps on Barry's toes.
No matter what you think of Altman and C=USA, you've got to have sympathy for him dealing with this shyster.
Currrrse!

I don't mean to seem too heartless, but anyone that's spent any time looking over the history and antics of A.Inc and still wants in the game, has got to prepare for the worst.

But I don't wonder that this Commodore/Amiga market saturation from so many angles might actually work to the benefit of the whole gang.

Plaz

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 12:45:18 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;629809
Tell them that. Morally I agree, but I seem to remember Amiga Inc during the era of fake^h^h^h^h CEO Garry Hare mentioning that Amiga Inc was a totally different company and had no obligations to past debts.

Yeah, Im with you. Its a legal dodge, and I presume nobody felt it was worth throwing lawyer money at it to get him to come clean.

There's a site out there that outlines in a lot of detail all the maneuverings from that era. Its sort of interesting, if you have a rainy afternoon to spend.

It also brings into question whether amiga.inc ever actually had rights to what they say they had rights to.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 12:51:06 AM »
Quote from: runequester;629813
There's a site out there that outlines in a lot of detail all the maneuverings from that era. Its sort of interesting, if you have a rainy afternoon to spend.

I've read the site, it lays things out pretty well. There is not much that I didn't already know, but the author really put effort into compiling the info. Most of it seems accurate.

This brings up a question. Where you around during the Garry Harre episode? Thinking back *WOW* what a sh**-storm that started! Come to think of it that explosion was larger this this one, so far.

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 12:56:49 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;629817
I've read the site, it lays things out pretty well. There is not much that I didn't already know, but the author really put effort into compiling the info. Most of it seems accurate.

This brings up a question. Where you around during the Garry Harre episode? Thinking back *WOW* what a sh**-storm that started! Come to think of it that explosion was larger this this one, so far.

Yeah, it mostly compiles all the documents and scans, which is nice.

And no, I had absolutely no idea anything happened with amiga's post commodore until the last 2 or 3 years, believe it or not.

I got rid of my trusty old 1200 in 98 (I believe), and figured it was all over.

It was within the last couple of years that I realized just what had transpired, and my mind was formally blown :)

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 01:03:25 AM »
Quote from: runequester;629820
It was within the last couple of years that I realized just what had transpired, and my mind was formally blown :)

This is not an insult, I say this because many people take it as an insult.

If you weren't there, you really won't get it. The Kommunity has always fed on itself. Things get really, really nasty at times. People you thought were your friends for years all of a sudden claim you are a paid shill and wish death on your family. Eventually after much scorched earth, a group of users stage an exodus and everything pretty much returns to normal.

Now is probably no different. The true rage is probably yet to come, then a staged exodus by a small group of people. Eventually the fires will die and everyone left will rebuild.

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 01:42:52 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;629806
Also from Bill's website

"COMMODORE USA ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF AMIGA EXCLUSIVE WORLDWIDE LICENSING RIGHTS"

http://www.amiga.com/news/2010-08-31-commodore-amiga-aio.php

And, "
LET'S TALK ABOUT                
http://www.amiga.com/sales/

Contact Bill. I'm sure he'll give you "exclusive rights" too.

CUSA has exclusive rights for all-in-one keyboard computers. Not exclusive rights for everything.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 01:43:34 AM »
Quote from: klx300r;629796
ya..still waiting for my t-shirt:roflmao:...pfft AI my arse should be AIOU! shysters:madashell:

I got my t-shirt!  That "Hare" chappy (whatever his name was) sent it to me.  :)
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 01:44:54 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;629799
I would +1 but you are forgetting a few things. The original "Amiga Inc" by Sheeplord and McBill is long, long gone. There was a little shell game with IP shuffle that went on. The "Amino" era Amiga Inc is history and I bet certain people out there would like it to remain history. I do seem to remember a brief resurrection during the Amiga Inc/Hyperion legal cat fight.

Anyhow the current Amiga Inc, however legal the forming which I will reserve judgement, has no obligation to the coupon and other sca^h^h^h promotions.

I gave up trying to keep track of who owned what and what position they were in.  Most of them seem locked in a "69".  :D
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline JimS

• Show only replies by JimS
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 03:04:00 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;629852
I got my t-shirt!  That "Hare" chappy (whatever his name was) sent it to me.  :)

Amigans should be used to hair shirts by now. ;-)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:07:51 AM by JimS »
Obsolescence is futile. You will be emulated. - Amigus of Borg

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 03:06:52 AM »
Quote from: JimS;629893
Amigans should be used to hair shirts by now. ;-)

Und der ledder underpants!

Offline Iggy

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 03:08:55 AM »
Quote from: mongo;629851
CUSA has exclusive rights for all-in-one keyboard computers. Not exclusive rights for everything.

And since these things don't have keyboards they're OK?
Come on, if C=USA is successful, do they deserve to have the confusion this is going to cause in the buyer market?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 03:12:42 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;629897
And since these things don't have keyboards they're OK?
Come on, if C=USA is successful, do they deserve to have the confusion this is going to cause in the buyer market?

Confusion in the buyers market?  You mean branding something non-Amiga as Amiga? :confused:

Offline Iggy

« Reply #29 from previous page: April 08, 2011, 03:22:09 AM »
Quote from: Darrin;629899
Confusion in the buyers market?  You mean branding something non-Amiga as Amiga? :confused:

Since that argument died in 1994, I don't think its relevant.
You don't seriously think that 17 years later a new Amiga would support legacy software do you?
Hey the XBOX360 doesn't play a single original XBOX title, and the hardware is completely different than the original system, but no one questions that it is a successor to the original system
You may not like it, but you've got no control over what direction Amiga hardware takes.
You also don't even know what the specs on these new machines maybe or what software they'll run, but you've already decided they're not Amigas.

Guess what, you opinion doesn't hold water in the legal or business communities.