Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga and MorphOS interest is blooming  (Read 2341 times)

Description:

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
Re: Amiga and MorphOS interest is blooming
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 04, 2003, 11:10:45 PM »
SEE THE LØVELY LÅKES
ÅND THE MÅJESTIC MØØSE
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2003, 11:11:19 PM »
and i live on bleikmyr :)  (sørhallet) :D

and yes we might have spoken to each other before :P

(mj moved when i moved to haugesund , suxx .. :( )

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline that_punk_guy

• Show only replies by that_punk_guy
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2003, 11:15:09 PM »

Cyberus wrote:
I don't think I could get a nice picture of my area.....
Well depends how much you like rain I suppose!

I don't think I could get a nice picture of my area either.....
Well depends how much you like the ghetto I suppose! :lol:

Offline jeffimix

• Show only replies by jeffimix
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2003, 11:26:08 PM »
It's been raining here since Saturday...
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2003, 11:26:32 PM »
Where I live, I occasionally find someone who remembers what an Amiga is....Commodore, is still remembered, though.

But, no one knows about Amiga One or Pegasos at this time.

Certainly I have told some people about its current activity, though in a anectodotal sort of way, it doesn't get my endorsement or recommendation.

But maybe someday, if the platform offers some kind of value.

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2003, 12:10:00 AM »
marktime: and u seriously doesnt think there is any value in staying on amiga now? , take a look at the people who has returned this year , thats the most loyal ones imho , atleast compared to some on this board, they have upgraded to a machine loyal amiga people never would get or bother to get , i simply dont see the reason why amiga is what it is now to so many.

i have converted several people back to amiga or to amiga , ie people who never have touched it loves it after 2 clicks , sure amiga doesnt have the power tools as found on pc , sure the amiga doesnt have the mainstream games , but has it ever occurd to people in here that to get mainstream stuff people should infact bother to upgrade or atleast sacrifice some money to buy a game or a program.

i hope this will happen soon , it havent happend on the wonderfull pegasos yet (cant say the sales is wow on pegasos games) , sure you might say, its because only 600 units was sold so far, yes i agree, but if its an patriot computer + os as all on this board hypes it up to be then it surely would have sold better (software).

so i hope people would atleast try and spread the word, and most of all be pasionate about it and not beeing patronizing.

it works here anyway, sure amiga has a rough past, but its no where near the bad reputation Windows has, or?.

and you buy amiga os and not amiga.inc!.

mark:sorry , i aint flamiing just abit tired of people slaughtering all hope.
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline restore2003Topic starter

• Show only replies by restore2003
    • http://www.contrazt.no/records.html
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2003, 09:29:05 PM »
@Lempkee: I dont think we have met before, i think  :-?  atleast your pic on "faces of Amiga.org" dont look familiar...
If you need music for games, demos or are in a need of a studio mastering engineer, just contact me :-)
Check out my project homepages: www.galaxee.no   www.restore.no

Offline fuskoSCN

• Show only replies by fuskoSCN
    • http://fusko.digitalart.org
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2003, 10:44:29 PM »
hi there restore :)

Im from haugesund too - just got my amigaONE a few days ago. At the moment im working in the military as a dentist, but i will return to haugesund eventually :)

Do you know any of the other amiga-users from haugesund ? riff^raff, pix, rudee ??

best regards
fusko^ scenic - aka - Torgeir Vee

Offline restore2003Topic starter

• Show only replies by restore2003
    • http://www.contrazt.no/records.html
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2003, 10:47:20 PM »
Hi! I know Nils Mokleiv from kolnes, he`s got a 1200tower 060 and ppc, and few from karmoy...

I dont know the people u mentioned, maybe we should have a gathering sometime?  :-)
If you need music for games, demos or are in a need of a studio mastering engineer, just contact me :-)
Check out my project homepages: www.galaxee.no   www.restore.no

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2003, 10:52:30 PM »
Lempkee,

first, don't worry about flaming....I don't see criticism in that light very often.

If my words are perceived as slaughtering hope, then I have to consider that, and amend my words accordingly.

Becuase, its not my intention to suggest their is no hope.  If there was no hope, I wouldn't be here.  I clearly have hope.

But, what I have to say, is that Amiga is not in a competitive position at this time and doesn't provide unique value.

Windows has gotten better.  XP is fairly stable now, more so than Amiga OS 3.9.  But lets look at the future, I look for things like mdac, and ole-db, and future file store, and I see them in windows, I see equivalent technologies, sometimes better in Mac OS X....linux has its purpose in providing some enterprise level tools for free (not friendly to the average user though).

But, where is the value for Amiga right now...only to dyed-in-the-wool hardcore amigans right now, not to 'switchers.'

PNG icons aren't going to cut it, I want to see some innovation...you know, the original AmigaOS was amazing with its multitasking at a time when most OS's did not have it.

But thats old hat now, what have they done lately, what do they even plan to do?   There is some talk about OS 5, which, cough...well I won't kill any hope on that.

As for MorphOS, hey, they continue to make progress, and I can only assume in the future they will get there...

hope yes.

But convert people today...no way.
I like Amiga, but I like my friends too, and I'm not leading them down the path...they would be disappointed by the lack of features they now expect as standard in an operating system.

A world class browser, rock solid stability, ability to purchase software and add-in at their local store.

but give me something, give me a wedge, some angle, and I'll promote it to the people for whom it does provide value...I'll do it...just show me the way.

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2003, 11:22:20 PM »
hope this will happen soon , it havent happend on the wonderfull pegasos yet (cant say the sales is wow on pegasos games) , sure you might say, its because only 600 units was sold so far, yes i agree, but if its an patriot computer + os as all on this board hypes it up to be then it surely would have sold better (software).

Don't know where you get your info from,but I spoke about that with Thomas
(e.p.i.c.) in Rotterdam, where he said that sales of K&M were actually quite good
when compared to their last AOS-titels (Feeble-Files/SW-Tycoon).

Sure their are people who will just buy everthing, just because it does run on
the platform of their choice,and it may well be that the "name"-group is more
likely to do so than the "blue"-group, but thats just a few 100 fanaticals, while
the rest will only buy what they really need/want.
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline 4pLaY

• Show only replies by 4pLaY
    • https://www.amigalife.org
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2003, 11:31:13 PM »
There is acctualy quite a few (still) Amigans living in haugesund/karmøy  area and i know a few of them and im amazed as where i live (Sandnes/Stavanger) there is VERY few left and there used to be soooo many ;) anyways if any of you AmigaOne fanatics over there needs to check out a Pegasos in the flesh and are in these parts gimme a msg :) maybe you can bring you A1 and you can try and talk me into why it rules :-D