Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 20 Questions with Alan Redhouse  (Read 7456 times)

Description:

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
Re: 20 Questions with Alan Redhouse
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2005, 06:45:28 PM »
@Magic-Merl:

I doubt that Alan made millions from his AmigaOne scam and is laughing at us right now. :-) He should at least get a pat on the back for trying, IMHO. That takes courage too.

You simply have to rationally think about all of this before venturing into a purchase such as AmigaOne or Pegasos. Ask yourself what are the odds of such hardware/OS delivering any serious software, and for that matter staying competitive with today's computer world? Think rationally and make your decision. Anyone with a half of brain could have realized that AmigaOne and Pegasos (I'm using Pegasos as an equally risky purchase example only) were not very promising as far as anything, yet could be only viable for enthusiastic purposes, so there are lots of people that bought one or both for those very reasons. True, there are fanatics out there that expected next gen Amiga hardware to become a dominant choice in the computer hardware market today, but as I said before, realistically, with no emotions involved please...what are the odds of that ever happening? I think that we should really be happy that someone delivered something, and take it for what it's worth.

All in my own opinion, of course.

Offline Magic-Merl

• Show only replies by Magic-Merl
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005, 06:54:48 PM »
@ x56h34

Granted you are right.  But there is OS4 still to come and potentially he has destroyed it's market.

Who will develop for hardware that Alan says he will no longer develop.

As for the past, I believe Alan knew what he was doing and still does.  I didn't buy the A1 myself so I have no vested interest or emotional attachment to the hardware (if there is such a thing).  He kept a dream alive, yes, I never claimed he made millions - but he must have recouped beyond his development costs otherwise he would not have made such damaging comments.

If OS4 see's the light of day the A1 may be developed further but for now that is not going to happen and I would be very suprised if many "Amiga Enthusiasts" would buy from Eyetech anyway.

The unfortunate thing is - OS4 is tied to the A1 hardware and like it or not Alan still may see profit from his callous comments.

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 07:07:31 PM »
@Magic-Merl:

It'll be interesting to see how Hyperion will handle OS4.0 from this point in regards to the AmigaOne/Eyetech situation. Probably the best thing for them would be to expand on the OS4.0 supported hardware, however it seems that there are limitations on this due to licensing, as you've mentioned in your last post.

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 08:30:14 PM »
@Unisys

Hi Mr. Paul Gadd.  You could have simply used your original account rather than violating the terms of service and creating a new account.

Wayne

Offline Unisys

• Show only replies by Unisys
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »
Original account is still set on restricted mode.

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005, 08:54:13 PM »
Not according to the management screen it's not.  That doesn't give you the right to ignore the posted rules though.  I've confirmed your account works, but if you don't change the e-mail address and your signature immediately, I will begin actively banning you again for trolling and violating the TOS.

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2005, 09:11:17 PM »
Someone must have guessed my password and set up the Unisys account and changed my email address and signature. I am innocent of all charges.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2005, 12:42:33 AM »
Poster: Wayne  Posted: 2005/6/6 9:12:13    Of course all of this about the Mac is subject to the pending expected announcement today that Apple is going with Intel.     Please note that no one has said that Apple is going x86. Intel might simply start building PPC chips as well, since there is a hell of a lot of competition in the x86 world.

Well, From Jobs lips to our ears... Macs go X86!
That should make things interesting.

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2005, 03:00:49 AM »
Hell of a time to take a holiday. ANN is missing out on some good flamewars.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2005, 11:16:54 AM »
Not much news in the 20 Q&As if you ask me. Nevertheless the honesty and sincerity is very refreshing (coming from Amiga related companies anyway).

-----------------------------------------------
Poster: Paul_Gadd  Posted: 2005/6/6 22:11:17
Someone must have guessed my password and set up the Unisys account and changed my email address and signature. I am innocent of all charges.
-----------------------------------------------

Oh heck....look what the cat dragged in. Looks alot like something that usually lives under a bridge.

Offline Jupp3

• Show only replies by Jupp3
    • http://jupp3.amigafin.org
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2005, 11:40:43 AM »
at least the C64 has new hardware out there at the mo!

By the way, do you mean official hardware (The TV-joystick) or unofficial ("CommodoreOne", for example)?

In many cases I find unofficial hardware better & more important for the future...

Offline Magic-Merl

• Show only replies by Magic-Merl
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2005, 12:29:42 PM »
Does it matter?

Offline Paul_Gadd

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2005, 02:54:01 PM »
@Odin

You can call me a troll all you want, but every single thing i accused Redhouse of through the years has been totally spot on. Crooks and ignorant followers are the ones to blame and they are certainly the ones who are damaging the so-called future Amiga, not the scapegoats (ie people who live under bridges).

So the world may know

Offline Cymric

• Show only replies by Cymric
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2005, 04:10:06 PM »
@Paul_gadd/Unisys:

Of course it is all to blame on the crooks and the ignorant followers. Of course the scapegoats are not to blame after all. And of course were you totally spot on with every 'accusation' about Redhouse in the past.

Let me clue you in on a little detail. Your life is not defined by Amigas, nor do you need to derive your identity from them. Get a life (i.e., one without computers), and consider seeking out professional help. It is not healthy to get so worked up about something which is nothing more than a somewhat nerdy hobby. Let it go. Noone cares anymore.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.

Offline Paul_Gadd

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2005, 08:09:59 PM »
:lol:

I think you are refering to people in this fantastic and totally hilarious thread. Those guys still to this day amaze me.

Offline The_Power_of_the_Ginger

• Show only replies by The_Power_of_the_Ginger
    • http://madowl.coconia.net
« Reply #44 from previous page: June 07, 2005, 09:59:05 PM »
I'm just glad Alan used the term 'Amiga Enthusiast' rather than 'Amigan'...

It's not a very good warm-up for the 20-year celebrations, is it? Still, I gave up wanting a new Amiga years ago, happy with my A1200/030 (with slightly dodgy clock).

Whatever happened to Jim Collas anyway, after he was unceremoniously chucked out of Gateway? Come to think of it, what happened to Gateway?
\\"Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!\\"