Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Medal of Honor Spearhead  (Read 2819 times)

Description:

Offline Paul_GaddTopic starter

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Medal of Honor Spearhead
« on: November 15, 2002, 08:05:48 PM »
Just got this game (expansion  pack) today and boy what a fantastic addon pack for mohaa,

Forget doom and quake 2  :-D

Offline Nick

• Show only replies by Nick
Re: Medal of Honor Spearhead
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 08:23:41 PM »
I have MOH:Frontline on my PS2. Its damn cool! Shame it has no multiplayer option. Yes I agree Quake as nothing on this type of game. Quake is run shoot die. This is much more strategic. More my type of game.

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 08:27:10 PM »
Blah....I've played the MoHaa demos but frankly I find it pretty crap. I get the feeling that the guns you're holding are made of plastic and you're walking as if your shoes are made of ultra bouncy rubber!. Then again I've never liked the Q3 engine, (tho I'm not 100% sure that MoHaa is q3 =).

Gimme HalfLife with Day of Defeat and Natural Selection any day.

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 08:30:02 PM »
Another 3d shooter for PC...it's so...um...interesting...

Offline Blomberg

• Show only replies by Blomberg
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 09:11:19 PM »

Paul_Gadd wrote:
Just got this game (expansion  pack) today and boy what a fantastic addon pack for mohaa,

Forget doom and quake 2  :-D

I'm completely and utterly disappointed by Spearhead. They managed to ruin my favourite game of all times (and the only one I play).
I've been playing the original mohaa since the demo came out and I have never been so hooked on anything in my life other than music (and cigarettes). I was so looking forward to this expansion pack, I hurried home from work on the 8th and (almost) just sat refreshing the Spearhead website over and over until the download link appeared.

Then when I got it installed - what an anticlimax!!
They managed to strip it of all the things that made the game so great in the first place - so now it's just some lagging, noobish piece of crap.

[Singing] The thrill is gone

Here I was thinking Spearhead would be my next 'sure buy', but if the full pack is as s****y as the demo, and if this is what the series is going to be like from now on, I might as well go 'unhook' myself.

:boohoo:  :boohoo:  :boohoo:  :boohoo:  :boohoo:

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 09:36:12 PM »
@Blomberg

Mohaa is great compared to the console versions, i recommend you get "Mr Jingles" blood mod as it really suits it which EA/2015 should have included as standard  :-)

I would say get hold of the Spearhead game, the demo is a load of crap and if i judged spearhead by the demo i would have never got it,

Why oh why have they put/used a poor demo of SH which just makes the game look bad,

try the full game yourself alt.binaries.cd.image.games  :-D

Offline Blomberg

• Show only replies by Blomberg
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 09:49:01 PM »
@ Paul Gadd

Re: Mr. Jingles
Lol, I tried that one  :lol:
There was so much blood spurting everywhere, it was impossible to see the enemy in close combat.
Frankly, I found it to be overkill and I ultimately uninstalled it again. I'm still looking for a realistic blood mod, though. So far, without any luck.

Re: Spearhead
I do intend to try something other than the demo  ;-) before I make up my mind whether to buy or not, but I just got so discouraged by that demo. It has a totally different gameplay than the original, and I didn't see the point in changing a best selling game into something that bad.
'If it ain't broken, don't fix it' Isn't that what they say?

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2002, 10:03:39 PM »
There was so much blood spurting everywhere, it was impossible to see the enemy in close combat.

LOL i found mr jingles to be a superb mod and the blood looks really great especially in the online sessions but that just me who likes #### loads of blood in games,

but I just got so discouraged by that demo.

the demo stinks it does not show the true game, so as i said get it full from alt.binaries.cd.image.games by Mr_binary
"repost spearhead - File xx of 56 - flt-mohs.nfo" its free so if you (Still) think its crap then delete it and save your money   :-)