Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NetBSD 3.1 Installation  (Read 787 times)

Description:

Offline CassTopic starter

NetBSD 3.1 Installation
« on: August 17, 2007, 06:44:30 PM »
This has been posted at the amiga port of NetBSD ML a month ago, but I got no replies.

I hope some NetBSD users who have not subscribed the ML, read this post here...

I`ve been using NetBSD on AMiGA since v1.6, and now I`ve encountered problems trying to install the v3.1.
My h/w setup is an A4000 with CSPPC 060@50/604e@150, 128+16MB Fast/2MB Chip RAM, IDE (mobo) 2,1GB Seagate HD & LG CDRW Drive, SCSI (CS-UW3) 4GB Fujitsu HD, Video CV-3D & scandoubler, Eth X-Surf, ALGOR-USB.

The problem now: The scsi drive was added recently, my previews installations were on the mobo IDE drive (wd0a), and the CDROM was recognized as well.
I`ve added the SCSI HD, I partitioned the disk and I tried to do a clean 3.1 installation using the miniroot.fs (dumped to the swap partition -sd0b- using the xstreamtodev utility). When the kernel boots the CDROM is not recognized, while the 2 HDs are ok (wd0 & sd0 for IDE and SCSI respectively).
I select the Kb, select install, proceed with installation (Y), and the screen is flooded with the following message:

sd0(cbiiisc0:0:0:0):  Check Condition on CDB: 0x2a 00 00 4d 00 hex 00 00 hex 00 {where hex, various numbers on each repeated line, e.g. d8/30/10/78}
    SENSE KEY: Aborted Command
     ASC/ASCQ: AS 0x47 ASCQ 0xa1

This message is repeaded various times, and floods the screen, not permitting the installation messages to be read.
If I continue fastly selecting the installation options, at editing the fstab, I select NO (I cannot edit while the screen is flooded), and I get the "/install: cannot open /tmp/fstab: no such file" error.

Any suggestions welcome.
Cass
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"